Disappointed...need opinions

jamiddl

I tried to book Eli's Xtreme tour, but they have a pending private charter for that day (Aug. 7, 2009). They do have room on the Eco Tour, but I was really looking forward to the stingrays. Is there another way to get to the stingrays, or should I forget it and just book the Eco Tour?

Jamiddl we did Eli's Extreme tour last August and it was a blast. You will not be dissapointed even if you don't see a stingray. The crew are great as is the food and rum punch. We are going back again in Sept and I am trying to decide between doing the tour again or doing a island tour with Gordon.

We've done the Eco Tour 4 times, and the Xtreme once (we'll do it again, just haven't had the opportunity yet). And we'll be going on Eli's sailboat, Ocean Nomad, next January. Although the Xtreme tour is a blast, I'm sure you'll have a great time on the EcoTour. I'd take it if I were you, maybe "waitlist" Xtreme in case the charter doesn't happen.

If you want to see stingrays go to the Caymans Islands. They are swimming free in the ocean.

The ones in Antigua are penned and I was a little depressed to see these beautiful animals locked up like that. The tour guide told us it was for their

"safety". Personally, I think it is so Antigua can say they have stingray and make more money, by taking out excursions to this area!

Sorry, I forgot to tell you to look into Excellence Catamaran in Antigua.

They do a very similar "around the island/extreme" tour also. For a lot less!

I took Eli's Extreme in Nov 08' and it was a blast! I am trying the Excellence this Nov. to compare the two. Have a great trip!

If you want to see stingrays go to the Caymans Islands. They are swimming free in the ocean.

The ones in Antigua are penned and I was a little depressed to see these beautiful animals locked up like that. The tour guide told us it was for their

"safety". Personally, I think it is so Antigua can say they have stingray and make more money, by taking out excursions to this area!

We've done the Xtreme and been to Stingray City. We also have talked to Eli quite a bit about it. The rays REALLY are in there for their protection - some islanders were killing them. And even when they've gotten out, and it happens occasionally - they hang right around in that area. They don't go anywhere. It's a fairly large area - it's not like they are in a small pen.

We've also been to Grand Caymen. The rays don't go very far there, either, they hang out in the area, knowing they're going to get fed. The Antigua sting ray city was developed with assistance from someone involved with Grand Cayman's sting ray city.

I tried to book Eli's Xtreme tour, but they have a pending private charter for that day (Aug. 7, 2009). They do have room on the Eco Tour, but I was really looking forward to the stingrays. Is there another way to get to the stingrays, or should I forget it and just book the Eco Tour?

Do carnival's stingray sensation. If you want stingrays do stingrays with them instead.

Archived