Reserve with Disney but pay thru travel agent

lovetovacation

I do this all the time.

I like to make my own reservations. And then transfer to a TA just before final payment. I just feel a little more in control that way.

The only thing you want to be careful with is that DCL recently changed their commission structure, so TAs do not make as much commission on a transferred reservation as they do for an initial reservation.

So just check to make sure whatever TA you want to transfer the reservation to is offering the same OBC/gift card for a transfer. Sometimes they will only make their OBC/gift card offer good on bookings that they initiate.

I'd like to know if I reserve a cabin thru Disney travel agents, can I transfer my booking to a travel agent? The travel agent is giving on board credit or a gift card and Disney isn't. Thanks.

You can transfer the ressie to a TA no problem as the others have stated. I have clients who do that often. It sounds as though you have a TA in mind so confirm with him/her that they can offer the same perk on a transferred cruise as they can on a cruise they booked for you.

Have a great time!

Archived