Snorkeling in Cayman

GOCOCKS

We were at Eden Rock 2 years ago and we loved it..... lots of fish. They serve food and drinks there. There are picnic tables and they rent equip if you don't have your own. It was not crowed at all.... I highly recc. it.

I have done an excursion twice which is right were the boat tenders and the snorkeling was very good. It was not that crowded. There is a lot of freedom, unlike my snorkeling trip in belize where you could not go out of a very small area.

I snorkeled there in 2006 and had no problems. However, I went early in the morning. When walking by later in the day, there were more people there.

There are lots of fish near the shore. I was too scared to venture out very far so I didn't see the grotto area.

Enjoy your cruise!

Deborah

Captain Marvin is fantastic. This is from a couple years back, and I hear he still does great tours.

Grand Cayman - Captain Marvin's ( http://www.captainmarvins.com ) tour was fantastic. There were about 30 people from Voyager, Carnivals' Victory and Inspiration. We went out on a cabin cruiser and it was so nice to just sit on the top of the front (can you tell I don't know from boats?) and watch the scenery and ocean pass (sun tan lotion is a must for this excursion). We took the 3 hour tour which stopped at

* The Water Gardens - eh. it was ...nice, but not terribly inspiring snorkeling.

* Sting Ray City - not at all like I imagined it, but quite cool. Got to pet and hold sting-rays. Got a super-hickey on my hand from being slightly off when feeding one a squid piece.

* The Barrier Reef - wowsers. I could spend the rest of my life snorkeling there. It was gorgeous.

Archived