Almonds and Corals

Ronzoco

We are back from our Thanksgiving cruise on the Summit and I had to write a few words about the zip-lining at Almonds and Corals. This proved to be the highlight of our entire cruise. We were met at the dock by our two guides, Sherling and Angel. They transported us by van to the Almonds and Corals property. The drive took about an hour and a half during which time we stopped to see some monkeys amd sloths up in the trees. I even spied the most gorgeous blue morphos butterfly as we were driving. We were all pretty terrified about doing the zip-lining (called the Crazy Monkey Canopy Tour) but Sherling and Angel were so reassuring and educated in the process that we felt safe and confident at all times. There was never one moment when we weren't hooked up to a safety line (although we all became tree huggers that day)! The cost for the zip-lining was $40 and the transportation back and forth from the dock was $35. For $75 p/p this was the most memorable and most exciting thing we have ever done. I highly recommend it! There were 14 platforms in all and it took about an hour and a half to complete the zip-lining. We could have gone elsewhere afterwards but we were all pretty exhausted from the zipping and preferred to just return to our ship when we were done. It was an exhilarating day!

Ronzoco,

I wimped out on a ziplining excursion in Hawaii and am regretting it. I decided not to do it because I have arthritic knees and did not know how they would hold up. What would you think about that with the ziplining trip you did? They are not defective--just don't bend as well as they used to. We are 60, in average shape, and will be in Puntanares on 4/1. I assume that Oscar Brown services this area.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Virginia

RatherBCrusin,

Can you tell me the rate for transportation and ziplining? Do I need to contact them directly? You are docking in Puntarenas? Any info would be helpful. I may not be able to view replies until much later in the day-out of state-at the moment. Thanks!:)

• 1 year later...

Archived