Rooms At The Very Back Of The Ship

sherri.l

has anyone been in the rooms at the very back of conquest, liberty or the glory??? wondering about the windows mainly in the back corner rooms and the regular rooms at the back of the ship. we are sailing on the valor in feb and figure that the rooms will be the same as the sister ships. thanks for any info you might be able to give

The rooms At The Very Back Of The Ship are in no way to be thought of as the "Back of the Bus".

You will see where you have been, not where you are going. I'm sort of a forward thinker myself.

On the Miracle the Dining Room was in the back. I noticed more vibration back there.

We had cabin #2478 on the Conquest, at the very back of the ship. It was an outside cabin on the Main deck. There was a lot of noise and vibration from the ships engines. After a couple of days we got used to it, but I dont think I'll ever book another aft cabin on Main again.

On my last cruise on the Holiday we had the cabins at the back of the ship and I can say that the vibration and the noise was just about more than I could take. NEVER AGAIN, will I book on the back of any cruise ship. THe rooms was nice and cheap but I soon found out why. :mad: Aside from that, I booked another cruise as soon as we came home. After I slept for a couple days to catch up!!! The days on the cruise more than made up for the sleepless nights. :) :)

We had really rough seas for one day of our recent cruise on the Conquest. Our cabin was forward on deck 8 and we had quite a bit of motion, BUT the Monet dining room (aft deck 3) was much worse than our cabin when we went down for breakfast. We literally had juice bouncing on our table!!!! DH and I both commented that we were glad were in the front rather than the back. But I also hear that if the seas aren't rough, the aft cabins with the wraparound balcony are fabulous!!!!!! Good luck with your decision!!!!!!!

On my last cruise on the Holiday we had the cabins at the back of the ship and I can say that the vibration and the noise was just about more than I could take. NEVER AGAIN, will I book on the back of any cruise ship. THe rooms was nice and cheap but I soon found out why. :mad: Aside from that, I booked another cruise as soon as we came home. After I slept for a couple days to catch up!!! The days on the cruise more than made up for the sleepless nights. :) :)

You cant compare the Holiday aft to a conquest aft.

I have sailed aft a few times and prefer the afts to the sides. For one- the cabins cost the same amount of money- so I would want more for my money which is the bigger balcony. Its also more quieter in the hallways.

I had an inside cabin on the sensation which was located aft.. and the ship shaked rattled and rolled- But we felt that movement no matter where we were on the ship.

seriously, tho'.. I would guess that the new ships with the 'pod' propulsion system vs. straight shafts/propellers, would be inherently smoother, eliminating most all of the vibration.

The motion of the ship in heavy seas will be noticeable more in the bow and stern than midship..

In calm seas, give me that aft cabin any time!! :D

We were on the Conquest about a month ago. Our cabins were as far aft as you could get. There was only one room between us and the end of the ship. Being on deck 6, we heard no engine noise whatsoever. And since there were no close elevators, there was virtually no hallway noise either. Those were the good points.:)

The bad points were that we were right above the "Degas Disco" and heard music well past midnight.:eek: Any cabins in the far aft section on decks 6 or 4 (above or below the disco) will be affected by the music. Another downside was that it took forever to get anywhere because we were so far back on the ship. It seemed like every time we went somewhere it was way up at the front of the ship, like the childrens area or the main pool.

But I always try to do my best to make things work and enjoy my cruise. So I went to the pursers desk and asked for earplugs for the noise. The earplugs they gave me worked wonders and blocked out all of the noise. And that's saying a lot because I am a very light sleeper. I've never come across earplugs that good! And when I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, the disco was closed and the noise was gone so I always took out my earplugs then.;) That way I could be sure to hear my alarm go off if I was getting up early for an excursion or something.

Even tho' being far aft made us walk more, on the plus side, I didn't gain an ounce of weight!:) And I always gain at least 5 lbs on a cruise. I ate everything I wanted to including pizza, burgers, dessert at every meal, etc. and I didn't gain a thing. So being far aft and walking extra was actually good for me. So being far aft has it's pros and cons. I guess you just have to decide what you're looking for.

Hi,

We have had aft cabins on the Pride, Spirt, Glory and soon the Miracle. We love the aft cabins and wouldn't get anything else. We always get the Empress deck which sandwiches you between two decks of cabins so there is no noise from resturants, discos, etc. The balconies are somewhat deeper. I love to sit out there as we're leaving port or cruising and watch the wake of the ship with a drink or two. You also get to watch the ports as they recede behind you. It's also great for sunning when the ship is headed west. I noticed no vibration that I didn't feel elsewhere in the ship. We had some fairly good rollers some days and the aft was quite steady. A little jumpy at times but you are on a ship in the ocean and ships do move. I would not hesitate to book one.

thanks for all the advice. its looks like our group has the whole back of the ship (valor) in feb. we have the corner room and our best friends have the other corner with everyone else in between. at least none of us will be bothering anybody and there shouldn't be much traffic.

sherri.l

Sherri I have a cornor wraparound balcony on the Valor next April I will be very anxious to hear how you liked it please do a review of the ship and room when you return. Hope you and your group have a great cruise. Linda

Linda,

I will definatly write a review when we get back. we did the Destiny two years ago, (had to skip a year because of breast cancer) and plan to do that one again in 07, that was our third cruise and the best yet. looking very much forward to being on a new ship. I will try to write the review as soon as we get back on the 13th.

sherri.l

We've had aft cabins on the Destiny, Victory, Triumph, and Glory and LOVE THEM! The balcony is just a bit bigger and the hallways are not so noisy with people running up and down them all during the night. If you can get a corner aft cabin - go for it. ENJOY!

CRUISEDOGS

We had a cabin at the very back of the Paradise on the Empress deck. We could feel a slight vibration from the engines but it kind of lulled us to sleep!

I will never forget the first morning when the ship backed into port in the Bahamas: it was so cool to see the harbor lights in the pre-dawn darkness as we approached (it was our first cruise so we were easily impressed!). We love aft cabins!

Just got back from the Legend on Monday night. I really enjoyed the extended balcony we had. We were slightly to port side Empress Deck Aft (room 6262 if you're really curious :) ). I didn't notice motion/vibration that wasn't all over the ship. The seas were actually pretty calm, but we still felt a lot of motion all through the cruise. We found out the last night of the cruise from a crew/staff member that the captain gets some sort of fuel consumption kick back and makes an extra $3,000 or so a week from it! How is that conected to the motion? In order to use less fuel the captain of the Legend NEVER uses the stabilizers. All the motion we felt made a lot more sense knowing that. I had been on three cruises prior, all will seas that were comparable to the ones we experienced this cruise, and all the other cruises were smoother. Fortunately neither DM or I got sea sick. But it was sort of funny to watch everyone going into the dinning room for dinner because the whole crowd swayed back and forth together (us included!). :p

Archived