Rooms At The Very Back Of The Ship

sherri.l

We just returned from the Victory and were in 7426 at the very back. It was GREAT! We had a deck of cabins above and below us so there was no noise from the noisy decks (5 and 9). Also, there was no noise from elevators or other passengers because they're walking forward to get to the elevators. You also have larger balconies that slope down and can see people on their balconies above and below (if you want to talk to them)

I was disappointed when I first saw our assignment-but now I will try to always get a similar cabin.

[QUOTE] [color=#3300cc][font=Verdana]We had cabin #2478 on the Conquest, at the very back of the ship. It was an outside cabin on the Main deck. There was a lot of noise and vibration from the ships engines. After a couple of days we got used to it, but I dont think I'll ever book another aft cabin on Main again. [/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[quote name='stlrboo']seriously, tho'.. I would guess that the new ships with the 'pod' propulsion system vs. straight shafts/propellers, would be inherently smoother, eliminating most all of the vibration.
The motion of the ship in heavy seas will be noticeable more in the bow and stern than midship..
In calm seas, give me that aft cabin any time!! :D[/QUOTE]

I too am traveling on the Valor on March 6, 2005, in room 2478, (aft cabin) and was wondering if I can expect the same vibrations that Cmez mentioned? Does anyone else know anything else about 'pod' propulsion system vs. straight shafts/propellers? Does the Conquest havestraight shafts/propellers? Can I expect less vibrations on the Valor? Thank you in advance for all the info.

[url="http://hmaa.itgo.com/project.html"]http://hmaa.itgo.com/project.html[/url]

[url="http://www.marinelog.com/DOCS/PRINT/mmipods.html"]http://www.marinelog.com/DOCS/PRINT/mmipods.html[/url]

Has anyone ever been in the lower aft of the ship that has used this technology? Does it make a significant difference I am in room 2478 on the Valor. :confused:

I cruised with a group on the Glory last June and I was in cabin 8430 on the Verandah deck. There was a slight vibration that could be heard and felt at certain times, but we got use to it. No noise in the hallways or from the disco from above. We have booked the Valor for Oct. 2005, and we have rooms 8450 and 8452 on the Verandah deck. Wish it were tommorw.

[quote name='palmtre2']SIL and I have an aft balcony cabin(6467) on the Triumph CTN in June - we are on the Upper deck right above the bar for Club Rio. Anyone have one of these cabins??? Can you tell be about the sound from the deck below??????[/QUOTE]

We had 6440 on the Victory and stressed for many months about the noise in the lounge below us--- and it was all for nothing--- we heard not a note.

[font=Book Antiqua][size=3][color=blue]The back of the ship is awesome!! Four of us had two cabins on the Spirit and it was very relaxing just sitting on the balcony watching the wake and with the door open at night, theres nothing more soothing than the sound of the water!! We booked the last two cabins on the side in the back of the Conquest for 02/2006, anticipating just as much fun!!!! BON VOYAGE!!;) [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='serene56']We had 6440 on the Victory and stressed for many months about the noise in the lounge below us--- and it was all for nothing--- we heard not a note.[/QUOTE]

That is good news, since we have aft balcony cabin number 6436 booked for our next cruise. I really wanted to try an aft balcon for something different, but was worried about the disco below. I sleep with a "sound conditioning" machine to help drown out noises, so I thought I could bear it if it is noisy. But, I certainly won't really worry about it now.

we have 4 of the 6 upper deck aft balconies on the Apr 3 sailing of the Valor and am much more at ease after reading these posts. am lookin forward to having one big balcony we can fold away the dividers I think? Fair winds and following seas. John

Opening the dividers will give you a much bigger balcony. But it will also take away a lot of privacy- The curtains will need to be closed because you dont want your neighbor to walk by and see you...lol

Also when one of the doors to the diver is opened it also takes away from one of the windows..Depends on which side the divider opens on. ITs nice but something I would really consider. You cant open and close them. Once opened they stay open the rest of the week.

I'm thinking about booking two balcony cabins on Carnival for Nov. I'm particularly interested in the 8C aft cabins on the Miracle. I just wanted to clarify about the dividers - are all of the Carnival balconies able to be connected? I was trying to book adjoining cabins, but then I read about the balconies being able to be connected. I'm traveling with my DH and 3 kids, so we would like to be able to walk between cabins without going into the hall.
Thanks for any info.:cool:

Hi!! Could I Ask What Your Cabin Number Was? We Will Be Staying In 6473...by Any Chance Was This Or The One Next To It Yours?? We R Going Nuts Trying To Find Pix Of These 2 Cabins. Any Input Would Be Greatly Appreciated!! Thx In Advance!! Bon Voyage!!!!

[quote name='connyo']Hi!! Could I Ask What Your Cabin Number Was? We Will Be Staying In 6473...by Any Chance Was This Or The One Next To It Yours?? We R Going Nuts Trying To Find Pix Of These 2 Cabins. Any Input Would Be Greatly Appreciated!! Thx In Advance!! Bon Voyage!!!![/QUOTE]

Nevermind--it had to be the conquest--since miracle dont have cabins numbers that high.

• 3 weeks later...
well we just returned fron the Valor on sunday. out room was 2477 , the back corner of the ship. we did feel vibration especially when they were docking but the room was great and the hallways very quiet. I guess I wouldn't hesitate booking the same room again , one just needs to weigh the advantages and disadvantages.

sherri.l

Archived