what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

With so many fun things to do on a cruise, I am sure you can probably find something better to do than making fun of peoples' pictures. No one is perfect, and their pictures are special memories of a wonderful time. It is hurtful to think of people spending valuable vaction time being unkind.

People relax is was a fun thread . 2 posts were stupid ( complaining). If you do not like what some people do and post STOP READING. Back to the fun please

I was not complaining nor stupid. I was simply stating my opinion. I am all for fun, just not at someone else's expense.

On our last cruise we kept seeing photos of a family that had a 10 year old boy who, in every single picture, wore a giant gold chain with a garish medallion of some sort....I'm glad that happened on the last day otherwise I'd have had to endure the scorn of so many of our fellow passengers.

MrSchwump - We would have been laughing right along with you. And the kid probably would have too. Typically if you're going to be a tad eccentric (wearing Mr. T jewelry, funky scarves, etc) you are going to have a bit of a sense of humor about it.

Thanks for sharing the story & giving me a laugh.

momofmeg - I've seen two posts from you in this thread, and both of them are chiding people for sharing their funny stories!

People see things differently; what's funny to them doesn't have to be funny to you. They certainly don't deserve to be railed because they saw humor in a situation that you would take seriously.

I don't care who you are... if you poop your pants anywhere near me, I'm gonna laugh until I can't stand up! And if John Gotti shows up on my next cruise, I'm gonna have a photo taken with him! I'm even gonna encourage him to get some of those fake sparkly teeth! LOL I might get some for myself! LMAO

Funny, funny stuff! Keep the stories coming!

momofmeg - I've seen two posts from you in this thread, and both of them are chiding people for sharing their funny stories!

People see things differently; what's funny to them doesn't have to be funny to you. They certainly don't deserve to be railed because they saw humor in a situation that you would take seriously.

I don't care who you are... if you poop your pants anywhere near me, I'm gonna laugh until I can't stand up! And if John Gotti shows up on my next cruise, I'm gonna have a photo taken with him! I'm even gonna encourage him to get some of those fake sparkly teeth! LOL I might get some for myself! LMAO

Funny, funny stuff! Keep the stories coming!

Yup! Well said!! I'd be screeching with laughter if someone pooped their pants or looked like a mini-Mr.T or whatever. Likewise if anyone laughed at me for something similar, then no doubt I'd be crying with laughter right there with them. Life's far to short to take too seriously, especially on holiday where we all try to leave all our troubles behind. If anyone doesn't like it, then...tough! I'm a bit too long in the tooth to be told how I can and can't behave or what I'm allowed to laugh at. All these funny stories have been at someone else's expense and have caused so much mirth. Keep 'em coming!

Carol

We were on a cruise to Nassau several years ago - maybe 2004ish and if you've been to Nassau you have heard about the Yellowbird RUM cruise. We had done it several times, but the saying goes that the two best "shows" are going on the cruise and being onboard (or pier) when the cruise comes back because people are "LOADED". Well we get off the cruise - and yes I had had a couple, but was able to make it up to the pool deck with my mate.

Well then IT happened - 6-7 young 20ish women decided it would be fun to strip and go swimming! You should have seen the crowd... it took the ship security several min. to even figure out what was going on, and then they had to get them out - what a sight... It made the trip VERY good. lol

And no-one was hurt!

And if John Gotti shows up on my next cruise, I'm gonna have a photo taken with him! I'm even gonna encourage him to get some of those fake sparkly teeth! LOL I might get some for myself!

If John Gotti shows up on your next cruise, it may be because you're having a seance!

OOps sorry - trying again. Liked your stories alot - Here's what we saw at the New Year's Eve 2007 celebration aboard Jewel. The ship was decked out for the "big moment" at midnite and everyone is getting ready for the countdown. Waiters passing out champagne everywhere - hats, noisemakers, balloons ready to drop from the 9 story centrum. All the decks lined with people - I look at the glass elevator descending the Centrum and unbelievably there's a 50-ish year old guy who has his butt up against the glass and he's mooning the whole main lobby! Several people are pointing and looking and the girl right next to me goes "that's my Dad" and sure enough he proceeded off the elevator with out any of his fellow passengers realizing that he has just showed off his tanlines to the entire ship! And yes, it was the girls Dad - she was laughing so hard she was crying! We all laughed and toasted a silly fun prank and welcomed 2008!

My 1st cruise my DH and I went on a horseback excursion in Cozumel and this lady on the bus was bragging about how she had been on horses her whole life blah blah blah, we get to our destination she tells Paco she wants the fasted one , she want to gallop along.... ok Ms smarty farty got bucked off that horse and went flying. It was my first time on a horse , needless to say we were all thinking the same thing

You know how there's a fairly high threshold going in to the public restrooms? I saw this lovely young lady (no, really -- I'm not being sarcastic; she was quite attractive) coming out of the ladies' room and she had a glass of wine in her hand. She forgot the threshold was there and tripped on it big time! In the process of tripping she threw her hands up to keep her balance, and that launched the contents of her wine glass straight up ... and it all came back down right on top of her head! It just FLATTENED her hair! Well, gotta' say -- I like to died laughing, but so did she. :D

It was on the old Sony of Norway. We were cruising the North Sea

during an especially rough night. Most of the passengers didn't even

come to dinner, so the dining room was half empty.

My wife and I were seated at a large table, opposite another

large table. An elderly woman in a wheelchair was seated at the

head of the table. The stabilizers were working well to keep the

ship level, but there were sudden surges that you could feel.

All of a sudden, a large surge happenned and the ship tilted. The

poor woman in the wheelchair was rolling backward at high speed,

still clutching her knife and fork. The Maitre'd and waiters jumped

to chase her down. The whole room applauded when they stopped

her from rolling into the kitchen. It was hilarious. They rolled her

back to the table and the Maitre'd checked twice that the brakes

were now on.

-- Doug

OMG This is tooo funny. I could actually visualize this poor lady. I almost peed myself reading this and then was crying from laughing so hard as I tried to read it to my DH.

Not funny if you are in that situation.

I know that ALMOST happened to me. I had just started on a new diabetes med. We boarded ship ate lunch, walked around ship and FORTUNATELY was in our stateroom when it happened. No warning- I felt it-jumped off the bed-and before I could make it to the toilet-it happened. I was wearing white capris- so NO WAY to hide that-besides the smell for sure!

I KNEW it was the meds-as the meds had already griped me-and I guess because I ate a little more then I should-that is how they took care of the excess sugar-kept my body from absorbing it by sending it straight through.

If this is the med I'm thinking of (and taken) I totally feel your pain. I'm taking it because of a condition (not diabetes) and it's the only thing that helps. I must say, it hits you without warning and there's no waiting. I took it on my last cruise and I avoided sugar like the plague because I didn't want "issues" while on an excursion. It did do it's job on that cruise, I ovulated for the first time in 3 years on that cruise and I have yet to do it again. Maybe this one will be lucky for me too!

If this is the med I'm thinking of (and taken) I totally feel your pain. I'm taking it because of a condition (not diabetes) and it's the only thing that helps. I must say, it hits you without warning and there's no waiting. I took it on my last cruise and I avoided sugar like the plague because I didn't want "issues" while on an excursion. It did do it's job on that cruise, I ovulated for the first time in 3 years on that cruise and I have yet to do it again. Maybe this one will be lucky for me too!

Is there a thread for medical problems ?

Move these posts and all of whinnig posts to it please.

Boy ,did momofmeg bring this wonderful thread to a screeching halt.

Last week we sailed on the Carnival Valor out of Miami to Western Caribbean. When my 16 yr old was not back in the cabin at curfew, I went looking for her. Found her having hot chocolate with a cute guy on lido. Signaled her to return to cabin and did about face. When I pressed the button for the elevator, one opened and in it were two guys-sound asleep. One had his his pillow and sheets. I let it close, but each time I or someone else pushed button for the elevator--it would open again. Then I saw an officer and signaled him over to point out the sleeping bodies. He got on his walkie-talkie to get help. Just then, an older gent with two ice creams in hand got tired of waiting for an elevator, and when that one opened up with the sleepers, he just stepped in and pushed the button for his floor!! Too funny!! Found out from my daughter next day these were teens who had a plan to sleep in elevator!:rolleyes:

:) hi! stephanie and dan here.......i was just wondering what is the most bizarre or wild craziest thing you have ever seen on a cruise?.....dan and i were on the conquest last april the sun was going down and we watched a woman come up an aft staircase and when she got to the top......mind you we were going 23 knots :rolleyes: :) when all of the sudden her wig flew off and went off the back of the ship!!!:eek: ....oh my god:eek: .......i almost choked....i had to run off the other way....trying to keep a straight face sure hope she brought an xtra one.........................stephanie and dan

Hi,

I think the wildest thing I saw was on the Princess Crown August, 2007. I was out on my balcony leaning on the railing. I look over to the left and see one of the officers on the bridge looking through his binoculars towards the side of the ship. I turn my head to the right but don't see anything (yet). Then I look down and see this woman totally nude on her balcony :eek:. She is spread out! She had to be an exabitionist. The officers on the bridge were having themselves quite an afternoon. So were quite a few other people on the balconies above her. With all the people watching her I'm suprised the ship didn't tip. LOL

I don't have a specific funniest thing, but it always amazes me the people who do not know what suntan lotion is! Every cruise we seem them blistered and lobster-like. I wonder how they are going to make it the rest of the trip.

And for some reason, they also participate in the belly-flop contest. I swear every time I watch this activity, at least one guy is in there with a full-on 3rd degree-looking burn on his gut! Ouch!

Okay, I think I have something that tops the girls' pajama party.

It was an at-sea day on the Radiance. A friend and I had breakfast in the dining room, and when we entered the Centrum, we found a cake-decorating contest in progress. Simon, the cruise director, was emceeing the event, and the contestants were Captain Trym, the staff captain, and the head pastry chef. The contest quickly de-escalated into a food fight, with Simon getting the brunt of it. I feel sorry for whomever had to clean up the Centrum afterwards!