What Dive Shops Have NITROX ?

afiremedic323

Most shops I've come into contact with in the last few years have Nitrox. I would guess that if an island's usual diving is less than 130 ft, you will find Nitrox.

Pose your question on Scubaboard--waaay more divers there!!

I suggest that you contact the dive shops directly. IMO, few people who dive on cruises are interested/able to dive nitrox.

Personally, I only use nitrox on multiple days of multiple dives as experienced on a real liveaboard.

• 4 months later...
Personally, I only use nitrox on multiple days of multiple dives as experienced on a real liveaboard.

For some of us, a cruise ship is a "real liveaboard". When you get to be my age, EAN is a real blessing when you do 3 tanks a day, several days in a row... :p

Not to mention the (for me) extended bottom time... :o

I do plan on diving in every port & I have found diving on nitrox I do not feel as tired after every dive. Also if any on could reccomend a dive shop for St Kitts and Barbados that would be great !!!!

We are Nitrox certified and we have been diving the eastern and southern Caribbean for years. In these areas very few dive operators have NITROX. There are some that do but many more that don't so check carefully before booking.

NITROX is a good thing but you may be faced with one or more complete days of diving with no NITROX being available. If I had to choose between a top notch operator with no NITROX and a somewhat less good operator with NITROX I would go without the NITROX. A good example of this is The Dive Bus on Curacao. They don't have NITROX (or at least they didn't the last time we went diving with them) but they are one of the best and certainly the MOST fun operation we have ever dived with.

Whether it's compressed air or NITROX dive safely and enjoy that next dive trip.

:)

Archived