Ventura Balcony Cabins Size - Deck A Aft

briden

We have just booked a balcony cabin on Ventura but am now reading that they are overlooked by upper decks. As we have booked a balcony on A deck aft I'm now wondering if instead of being able to have a nice quiet private breakfast we will be giving a dining show to anyone on the decks above. Has anyone had a balcony cabin on on deck A and are they that bad! :confused:

Briden

We had a A deck balcony on the midships C and D BALCONIES were overlooked, this is a photo from our SIDE balcony on A deck looking down at C and D...

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245865758321365202

What cabin number have you got and what deck is overlooking you?

We have A745, Looking at your pictures it would seem it is one of the smaller but private balconies. I do hope so, yes it would be nice to have one of the larger balconies but as they seem to be overlooked it would be like living in a gold fish bowl, apologies to goldfishes everywhere :)

We are about to go on our first P & O cruise on the Ventura in June and will be in a mini suite on D deck, from all the posts I have read its seems a bit of an obsession that you are overlooked. We have only cruised Princess before and the last three cruises have had a mini suite on Dolphin and once you are "down" there I am completely oblivious of anyone above.

I have read a few worrying posts on this site of people throwing things and making rude comments from the balconies, we have recently been on a 3 week cruise and I was surprised of how few people even used their baconies, only ever saw them at docking and sailaway, me I love my balcony and must admit I do prefer the bigger Caribe deck baconies but my husband likes the extra living space and this deal was such good value was not to be missed. It will be interesting to see after 10 Princess cruises how it compares, especially with all the bad press Ventura has had, so will sail with an open mind.

Sue

We are about to go on our first P & O cruise on the Ventura in June and will be in a mini suite on D deck, from all the posts I have read its seems a bit of an obsession that you are overlooked. We have only cruised Princess before and the last three cruises have had a mini suite on Dolphin and once you are "down" there I am completely oblivious of anyone above.

I have read a few worrying posts on this site of people throwing things and making rude comments from the balconies, we have recently been on a 3 week cruise and I was surprised of how few people even used their baconies, only ever saw them at docking and sailaway, me I love my balcony and must admit I do prefer the bigger Caribe deck baconies but my husband likes the extra living space and this deal was such good value was not to be missed. It will be interesting to see after 10 Princess cruises how it compares, especially with all the bad press Ventura has had, so will sail with an open mind.

Sue

Sue: I'll be very interested to hear what a Princess veteran ha to say about Ventura. One of the things that has interested me over the last year is the difference between the reaction to Ventura from P&O passengers, compared with the response of Princess passengers to the recent newbuilds for that line. The point being that, to all intents and purposes, Ventura and the recent Princess ships are identical.

Also, I may have been one of those who made comments about the D deck balconies being overlooked, and added the bits about 'ribald comments'. These were exaggerations - well, the bits abut the comments were. In truth, although the D deck balconies can be seen from all decks above, it's only the C deck passengers who have a close-up view, as it were. It's a long way from Riviera & A deck to D deck, and of course they've got C deck balconies to look at as well.

Archived