Wyndham nassau access $40...can we pay

Agocruisin

We were there in October. We paid cash and my brother/SIL paid with a credit card. Had a great time.

We got the $15 day pass (does not include lunch)

Weird....I've read on these boards over and over that the $15 pass is no longer offered....:confused:

Weird....I've read on these boards over and over that the $15 pass is no longer offered....:confused:

Day pass charges seem to change with the season. Every few weeks there is a change. When it get's closer to your date.. give them a call and see what is available.

What we tell you today may not be the case in 3 weeks.

If capacity remains low, they will try to make it up any way they can.

Also.. be aware that the Wyndham is scheduled to close for 8 weeks end of August thru mid October. so there won't be any passes there at all.

This too may change.

scubagirl- Is the 8 week closing due to Baha Mar construction or something else? What is the status of the Baha Mar?

It's not Baha Mar.. it's because last season those weeks were dead.. and they were still paying their staff and maintaining the property. This year.. they have asked their staff to take their vacations and time off, and will close for that time.

Others may follow. So be aware of that when booking those weeks.

Last season.. even the Atlantis had only a 17% occupancy rate.. they have to make changes based on the economic times.

Baha Mar is still in the "holding" stage. They still have not completely backed out, yet they have not moved forward either. I don't think anything will happen either way until after we see an improvement in the Global economy.

Day pass charges seem to change with the season. Every few weeks there is a change. When it get's closer to your date.. give them a call and see what is available.

What we tell you today may not be the case in 3 weeks.

If capacity remains low, they will try to make it up any way they can.

Also.. be aware that the Wyndham is scheduled to close for 8 weeks end of August thru mid October. so there won't be any passes there at all.

This too may change.

We won't be there until June......and if I can get the $15 day pass, I would go there rather than Breezes for the $55. Do you have the number for the Wyndham to check on the day pass prices when it gets closer? Thanks...

We won't be there until June......and if I can get the $15 day pass, I would go there rather than Breezes for the $55. Do you have the number for the Wyndham to check on the day pass prices when it gets closer? Thanks...

Wyndham Cable Beach - 242.702.4200

Do you know the dates at the end of August that the Wyndham is closing? We will be In Nassau August 25th and wanted to go there.

Thanks

August 17th thru October 5th.

There's some talk about it maybe staying open to accomodate the Miss Universe Press corp (Aug 30th). But that hasn't been decided.

Plan on it being closed.

August 17th thru October 5th.

There's some talk about it maybe staying open to accomodate the Miss Universe Press corp (Aug 30th). But that hasn't been decided.

Plan on it being closed.

You have got to be freakin kidding me.. I am beginning to think I am major snake bit when it comes to Nassau..Everytime I nail down my Nassau day I come to the board and something has changed..LOL

1. Booked Paradise resort- found out it was a dump-..

2.British Hilton- discovered it was on the harbor.[and we have 2 active girls]

3.The Blue Lagoon-closed the day I am there.

4. Blackbeards Beach break- only 2 hour excursion, want all day beach.

5.Wyndham- Sheraton pass-Wyndam, closed.

I would say back to the drawing board but I am running out of board..

What is anyone's guess about passes at the Sheraton in Sept.?

Didn't I read the beach was great in front of the Sheraton?

Is anyone but me having this problem?

You have got to be freakin kidding me.. I am beginning to think I am major snake bit when it comes to Nassau..Everytime I nail down my Nassau day I come to the board and something has changed..LOL

1. Booked Paradise resort- found out it was a dump-..

2.British Hilton- discovered it was on the harbor.[and we have 2 active girls]

3.The Blue Lagoon-closed the day I am there.

4. Blackbeards Beach break- only 2 hour excursion, want all day beach.

5.Wyndham- Sheraton pass-Wyndam, closed.

I would say back to the drawing board but I am running out of board..

What is anyone's guess about passes at the Sheraton in Sept.?

Didn't I read the beach was great in front of the Sheraton?

Is anyone but me having this problem?

From what I understand, Sheraton will be open for business.. Since it's off season.. I'm sure you'll be able to get a day pass..

Sheraton's beach is nicer than Wyndhams.. and the pool has a swim up bar as well as a nice waterfall.

From what I understand, Sheraton will be open for business.. Since it's off season.. I'm sure you'll be able to get a day pass..

Sheraton's beach is nicer than Wyndhams.. and the pool has a swim up bar as well as a nice waterfall.

Thank you, thank you.. I was just doing a search on the Sheraton.. Had the Wyndham pics bookmarked but hadn't paid much attention to the Sheraton..Love the swim up bar thing:p

You have been great answering questions.. Thanks so much:)

Just went to the Wyndum last week on the advice of Scubagirl, don't do it. It is not a short walk to Jitney 10, where we were told was the best way to get there, and we were right in the middle of Spring Break hell. This is NOT on the beach, it is on the lagoon or harbor, there are no waves, and the place that you can swim is roped off so you cannot swim into the ocean. The pools were very dirty and it took us forever to get a coke at the bar. Even if it was not spring break, we wanted to get out in the ocean, and again no waves. I did try to read everything about it before we left and no one told us about the Wyndum not being directly on the ocean. We ended up taking a taxi back to the straw market $24.00. On the plus side the lunch was very good and we ate at the very end of lunch hour, but it was not worth the $40.00 we paid. I really felt that the front desk staff when they took our $40.00, should have warned us about being right in the middle of gradcity.com, but there job is to make money. I feel very bad, because of my recomendation there were 10 of us. If you want a beach day to relax and listen to the waves, or swim in the waves, the Wyndum/Sheraton is NOT for you.

Just went to the Wyndum last week on the advice of Scubagirl, don't do it. It is not a short walk to Jitney 10, where we were told was the best way to get there, and we were right in the middle of Spring Break hell. This is NOT on the beach, it is on the lagoon or harbor, there are no waves, and the place that you can swim is roped off so you cannot swim into the ocean. The pools were very dirty and it took us forever to get a coke at the bar. Even if it was not spring break, we wanted to get out in the ocean, and again no waves. I did try to read everything about it before we left and no one told us about the Wyndum not being directly on the ocean. We ended up taking a taxi back to the straw market $24.00. On the plus side the lunch was very good and we ate at the very end of lunch hour, but it was not worth the $40.00 we paid. I really felt that the front desk staff when they took our $40.00, should have warned us about being right in the middle of gradcity.com, but there job is to make money. I feel very bad, because of my recomendation there were 10 of us. If you want a beach day to relax and listen to the waves, or swim in the waves, the Wyndum/Sheraton is NOT for you.

Sorry that you had a miserable time.. but I think I really would like to address this.

The #10 jitney is 4 blocks from the port.. hardly a long haul. I don't know where you walked to.. but it's not far.. It's across the street from the straw market..

There's open beach on both sides of the wyndham. Sheraton on one side, the Old nassau Beach on the other.. It's as "ocean" as it's gonna get.. since the entire island is surrounded by a reef system. Unless there's a storm .. we don't have crashing waves.

I've mentioned hundreds of times that Cable beach is calmer than Cabbage Beach.. and that wyndham is a lagoon.

Spring break should have been no surprise to anyone.. it's the same time each year..

We too were at the Wyndham last week (tuesday) While it did take us a little bit to find the jitney stop downtown thought it was a pretty neat experience and you can't beat the price. We also experienced the spring break crowd (they were high school seniors I believe). We just walked more towards the Sheraton to the beach over there and had a lovely time. I would recommend getting there somewhat early though as we got there around 11 am and it was starting to fill up. I would agree about it taking along time to get a drink at the bar with all the kids experiencing there first drinking experience, legally. As far as the pool we enjoyed it and my seven year old really enjoyed the slide. It would have definetly been nicer without the spring breakers but we just kind of stayed on the other side of the pool. We would not hesitate to do this again.

Even if it was not spring break, we wanted to get out in the ocean, and again no waves. If you want a beach day to relax and listen to the waves, or swim in the waves, the Wyndum/Sheraton is NOT for you.

So you wanted to get in the ocean but couldn't/didn't due to the lack of waves? That's funny...I would bet most on here travel to the Caribbean to relax in it's CALM and clear waters and are not in search of waves.

I've been to over 40 islands and rough conditions usually put a damper on our plans...except when surfing in Tortola or Barbados.

I just got off the phone with the Wyndham and they said they discontinued the $15 day pass - we arrive Saturday after lunch, so trying to see if this is a good option.

They discontinues the $15 day pass months ago.. the day pass is currently $40 and includes buffet lunch at the Seaside Cafe.

You can check the sheraton.. but I haven't heard anything lately about their day passes. Hilton Pass is $20.. small quiet beach.. not a resort setting..

Archived