Wyndham nassau access $40...can we pay

Agocruisin

You can check the sheraton.. but I haven't heard anything lately about their day passes.

By that do you mean you're unsure if the Sheraton still offers the deal where you get a day room for $99 and $10 for each additional up to two?

By that do you mean you're unsure if the Sheraton still offers the deal where you get a day room for $99 and $10 for each additional up to two?

Yes.. to my knowledge they still have the $99 deal.. but they also had a $15 deal recently. Which I don't know whether or not they have at this time.

So far.. the $99 day room is still valid.

(the poster was looking for $15 day passes at Wyndham..)

Yes.. to my knowledge they still have the $99 deal.. but they also had a $15 deal recently. Which I don't know whether or not they have at this time.

So far.. the $99 day room is still valid.

(the poster was looking for $15 day passes at Wyndham..)

You're such a HUGE help on here...Thanks :).

We cruise on the Magic on May 30th and may be rerouted to Nassua...we were there in May 2006 on RCCL's Sovereign but it thunderstormed really badly so we could not get to the beach! This time we will have 3 kiddos in tow, ages 10, 6 and 2...which place would be best for us to enjoy a clean, cheap beach???

I read somewhere that the beach next door to Wyndham was able to be accessed free while the hotel is closed. Is that true? I have a party of 7 and can't afford 40.00 pp for a day at the beach.

Has anybody gotten ahold of the Sheraton to see what their deal is? I cruise in 3 weeks so I'm trying to figure it out. It'll be over Memorial Day week so I'm betting I'll see some crowds!

I read somewhere that the beach next door to Wyndham was able to be accessed free while the hotel is closed. Is that true? I have a party of 7 and can't afford 40.00 pp for a day at the beach.

The beach next door is a construction site. You can't access it without trespassing on the hotels property and going thru the fencing.

It's not been maintained in years... (when I mentioned it in a former post. I was being sarcastic. )

If you can't afford a hotel with lifeguards and restrooms.. then go to the Lighthouse beach near the cruiseship. No amenities.. but at least it not a construction site.

In nassau.. you have to pay to use a beach with facilities. Sad, but true.

There is some wonderful advice given on these boards....I never mind hearing the good, the bad, the ugly AND the differences in opinions.

After exploring the threads I believe I am solid on my choice of the Wyndham/Sheraton combo. We are two adults traveling minus the kids and we both enjoy the beach, but love the pool more. We wouln't mind paying to see them BOTH and having some different foods to eat since we will have 3 days of ship food.

It sounds like the Sheraton has the better beach so we will probably hit there first, and then it's on to tackle the pool slide at the Wyndham! :D

Dana

Does anyone know if you can bring in your our cooler (liquor) into the Wyndham?

It's frowned upon. Since they are in the business of making money.. they encourage you to buy drinks and food.

Bringing in a flask or some granola bars noone would notice.. but slepping a cooler and a bottle of booze would not be cool.

If you want to bring your own to the beach.. I suggest one of the public beaches.

• 2 years later...

Hi, we'll be spending 1 day in port in Nassau, and though we might spend the day at the Sheraton or Wyndham. Have stayed at the Sheraton for a long weekend and enjoyed the visit. Was able to move between the two resorts without trouble. What is the best (cheapest) way to do this? Do I need to get a room? There are 5 of us and the rooms seem to accomodate 4 and there seems to be a lot of hidden fees. Do they offer a resort rate just for the day? Seems like they might from the posts here, but they are a bit old. Any new info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, we'll be spending 1 day in port in Nassau, and though we might spend the day at the Sheraton or Wyndham. Have stayed at the Sheraton for a long weekend and enjoyed the visit. Was able to move between the two resorts without trouble. What is the best (cheapest) way to do this? Do I need to get a room? There are 5 of us and the rooms seem to accomodate 4 and there seems to be a lot of hidden fees. Do they offer a resort rate just for the day? Seems like they might from the posts here, but they are a bit old. Any new info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Day rate for the room is $99 (2 ppl) plus $18 pp for up to 2 add'l people, the 5th person would have to for a day pass. ($25 for adults/ $12.50 for kids.

They did not charge additional fees in the past, but now I'm seeing that they are charging tax, etc on the room.

Best to call and talk to them directly..

Archived