Great Bay beach??shops on Front street??

daisy1978

hello.:D

we are going on a cruise next month. our itinerary changed and we are going to be in philipsburg from 2pm till 10pm. we really wanted to go to Pinel Island, but now it is out of question.:(

i guess the closest beach to the port is probably Great Bay beach. has any of you been to that beach? can you tell me from your own experience how did you like it there. is the water clean and clear....does this beach have a nice scenery?? is the beach long or small, is it overcrowded?? does the beach have any public restrooms and a place where you can change your clothes??

i did check some pics on the internet, but as you know everything looks nice on the pictures, so i am not any wiser from the pictures.:confused:

also, we are going to get there at 2pm, do you think it is a silly idea to head to Orient beach that late. we would probably get there by like 3pm. yeah, i know a little bit late for a beach, but this itinerary change messed up my plans.:confused:

also what about the stores on Front street. do they all close at 6pm or do some of them stay open late when the ships are in port. i am not a big shoppaholic, i am just trying to figure out what we can do there:confused:, since we are there till 10pm.

i will be very gratefull for any help and advice.thank you very much. and have a nice cruise!!!:D

I would not swim in Great Bay, take a taxi to Orient Beach, ask the cab to pick you up at a designated time. Have the cab drop you off downtown for some shopping before you return to the ship. Many stores remain open till 9PM.

I would not swim in Great Bay, take a taxi to Orient Beach, ask the cab to pick you up at a designated time. Have the cab drop you off downtown for some shopping before you return to the ship. Many stores remain open till 9PM.

hello. thank you for your opinion. i think we are going to go to that orient beach, even though we are gonna get there quite late.:D

hello. thank you for your opinion. i think we are going to go to that orient beach, even though we are gonna get there quite late.:D

It's never too late to be on a beach in the caribbean....:D

Orient beach is NOT to be missed as is the shopping, I would confirm first as to the times the stores are opened till for the particul weekday you are there and if need be go shopping first and then to Orient Beach there are lots of little shacks and resturants to get dinner while on the beach.

Archived