Carnival Imagination Inside room vs. Suite

schreader

I am sailing on the Carnival Imagination in June. My final payment is due tomorrow and I am thinking about upgrading from an inside room on the empress deck to a suite on the Verandah deck. The cruise is for my husbands 40th Birthday and I think he may like having a balcony but I am not sure if it is worth the cost. We have only taken one other cruise and had an inside room. The cost for the upgrade is $275.00 per person. I know I can only decide this but any help would be appreciated. The room we are booked in now is E48 and we could upgrade to V4. Any opinions?

I would take the upgrade and pay $275 more. You didn't say if it was the 3 day or the 4 day cruise. Either was the additional amount is less that the published rates. Do you get additional On Board Credit with a suite verses a Inside (AKA a walk in closet)?

I have had both and would opt for the inside room and spend the money on excursions or the spa. The balcony is nicer but it is really of limited use.

Part of the question is how much time will you spend in your cabin. If a lot will you be using the balcony?

Think I would look up a few options and then ask him what he would like.

• 2 months later...

I would upgrade to the balcony, it is nice to go out after the nights activities and sit and unwind. We always book even for a short cruise, just got the Sensation and had an aft balcony. We were out there all the time and enjoyed it. My husband wont sail without one. We are booked for the Inspiration in February in V7. If you book that balcony you should get VIP boarding also.

Mick

Archived