Inside room vs. Suite

schreader

I am booked on the Imagination on June 22. I am booked in room E48 but am now thinking about upgrading to a Suite on the Verandah, V6. The cost difference is $275.00 per person. Is it worth it? Just my husband and I are travelling for his 40th Birthday. He knows about the cruise but I would love to surprise him with the upgrade. Any opinions?

That is a lot for 4 nights - it is another cruise - there are some really great prices out there - you could use that money for another one and surprise him.

I've found 3 night Bahamas in October for $199 just the other day.

Personally I would rather have another cruise. I will do a balcony next Alaska trip and considering for a 7 day Eastern Carribean. But not for a 4 day.

I like the dark and did not enjoy my window the one time I had one because I found it hard to sleep because it seemed always bright in the room. But it was above our beds and I think if it was on the side it would be better.

The suites on the Fantasy class ships are no where near the size or quality of the suites on the newer ships. But they do have a balcony - just not very big for a suite. I would save the money for a future cruise balcony on one of the newer ships.

I don't think I would spend that for a 4 night cruise. We are going on a 5 day and DH wants to upgrade to a suite but for us it's $500-$600pp, not gonna happen. I can almost pay the deposit on our next family cruise with that.

Well, I would do it. I think it's well worth the price for a suite. I don't think I would sail on a Fantasy Class without a suite. I thought it was well worth the cost both times I sailed on the Ecstasy in a suite.

It's your husband's 40th birthday. If you can afford the cost difference, go for it.

Thanks for your help. I did it!!!! We are now staying in a suite. You only live once.

Some of the other posters feel that your cruise is too short for a suite. But it costs alot more for longer cruises. You'll love the bigger room, especially for celebrating an occasion. You'll be able to pass each other in the room without a traffic cop and coffee on the balcony in the morning is terrific.

Enjoy.

The suites on the Fantasy class ships are no where near the size or quality of the suites on the newer ships. But they do have a balcony - just not very big for a suite. I would save the money for a future cruise balcony on one of the newer ships.

While I have not stayed in a suite on the "newer" ships, I would disagree that the suites aren't big - they are like 330 sq feet - when an inside is like 185 - that is almost double the room. Plus, you get a 70 sq ft balcony. Can't beat that IMHO because I LOVE having a balcony...to the point that I have decided that I would not cruise without one...just call me a balcony snob!;)

Thanks for your help. I did it!!!! We are now staying in a suite. You only live once.

I do have some info for you though..:) As you can see in my signature I will be in a Cat 12 Suite also on Imagination a few weeks before you. The Cat 11 Suite next to an inside cabin is a nice upgrade. Where the cruiseline can fool you though is that the LAST 3 Cat 11 Cabins on each deck side have lifeboats Directly in front of the Balcony and a major view obstruction. I also had a Cat 12 last Feb on the sister ship Inspiration while a friend of mine had had a Cat 11 #V-15 which is PRIME LOCATION for the Cat 11. I will say the cabin was nice. Not much bigger then your inside but Nice. The Balconys are the most narrow I have ever seen though as they are only 3 feet wide and when you look straight down you will see another deck and not the water.. I would say that for the price difference of what $200.00 more probably I would upgrade to that Cat 12 like I have again.. I am going this JUNE WITH MY 9 Year old and had to have this cabin again..:D The two Suites don't really compare. The Cat 11 is 220 sq ft while the Cat 12 Penthouses are 330 Sq ft. The Cat 11 Balcony is only 30 sq ft while the Cat 12 is 70 sq ft. The list continues:eek:, The Cat 12 has a full size Jacuzzi bathtub, A walk in closet, FULL SIZE VANITY, Full size sleeper sofa, a frige, Bar with nice glassware, VERY NICE PRIVATE BALCONY (That right there is worth the $ difference and yes, When you look straight down it will be in the water. Much more of a WHOW Factor. Don't forget the Full Suite mood lighting controls at the head of your bed..;):D JMHO, If I were in $ for a Cat 11 I would find the last $200.00 and do it right.. You wont regret it..:)

Order Room Service every morning and sit out on your balcony and enjoy. Also make sure you are on the balcony to watch all the fellow passengers run back to the ship, or should I say stumble back to the ship. That is a riot...:D

Archived