Formal nights on 8 night Spirit cruise

MaiTaiMary

Can somebody tell me which nights are the "formal nights" on an 8 day cruise?

Also, how dressy do people get? Will my husband need to bring a suit? We're not very "formal" people, but we also don't want to stand out and be *too* casual. :cool:

The formal nights are, the first full sea day and the first sea day on the way home. You will see all manner of dress. I would say most are semi-formal, then formal, then "other". LOL I did'nt see any slobby people in the dining room on formal nights. I am thinking no real formal for us this year.

If your uncomfortable dressing up, wear black pants with a sparkle top, or you could have dinner in the Lido. Things seem to be getting more causual all the time.

So do most men wear suits on formal nights?

You will see some suits and even a few tuxes, but also lots of men in slacks and dress shirt, with or without a tie. They just frown upon shorts and less than nice shirts on 'cruise elegant' nights. We've been on 3 cruises since the dress code change and DH has worn slacks and dress shirts and sometimes a tie, not a suit or even a jacket. He's comfortable and lots less to pack.

Archived