Taxi from Livorno to Florence

Does anyone know if taxis are available from the port in Livorno to Florence and what is the cost? Also are they easily available for the return trip as well? We are traveling with an older couple and I am leary about using the train and we really do not want to go by the ship's bus. Any suggestions? We do not want an organized tour, we have been before and just want to do it on our own.

Does anyone know if taxis are available from the port in Livorno to Florence and what is the cost? Also are they easily available for the return trip as well? We are traveling with an older couple and I am leary about using the train and we really do not want to go by the ship's bus. Any suggestions? We do not want an organized tour, we have been before and just want to do it on our own.

I doubt that you will find any taxi's just sitting waiting to take passengers to Florence from Livorno....it's about a 1.5 hr trip and is quite expensive....I would arrange a car well in advance....I would expect the cost to be in the area of over $200/each way depending how many people and how big a car is required. There is a company called Rome In Limo that I have read some positive reviews about....there are also others I am sure if you do a search.

I disagree with bajathree, our last trip there taxis were lined up and bartering for all day trips. Some have reported a bit of difficulty getting taxis to go to just the train station as they wanted the long haul trips instead. If you do a search on these forums you can see some of the prices people have negotiated.

Archived