boarding pass?

FirstTimer2007

My uncle got his paper docs in the mail. but he is un-sure of what exactly is his boarding pass? Is it the funpass? What do you actually have to hand to them once you show up to board?

my last cruise was 2yrs ago and i dont remember the whole boarding process.

thanks

There is no real 'boarding pass.' His Fun Pass is as close at it gets.

During the check in process he'll probably be asked for his Fun Pass. It's not necessary but it does speed the process up considerably.

He'll then be issued a 'Sail & Sign' card that he will have to present upon boarding the vessel. His picture will be taken and encoded on the card. When he debarks and boards the ship in ports of call that's how he'll be identified. He'll also need his photo ID for all the above.

Hope this helps.

:)

Mach

The only times that I have been asked for a FunPass was to get in to the terminal. At the counter you will need passport or other exceptable document and credit card. If you have pre-completed your FunPass all the information will be in their computer and will save you some time. There always seems to be someone in line ahead of me who has not and it can slow down the line to a standstill. I always make a copy of all documents from Carnival, just in case, but have never actally needed them.

If he received his documents by mail, then it's the little blue booklet. In there is a "Cruise Ticket" and another that says Fun Pass Status Information. (If he's not completed the fun pass make sure he prints a completed form out before he leaves. Sometimes there are seperate lines for those who have completed them and those who haven't.) I usually take the whole booklet with me. When I get in line to check in I have my booklet and my passport, the people checking the documents will let him know which page he needs to have available.

Archived