Valor Review 4/12-4/19

Rapsmac

This was our 2nd Cruise but our first review. Our last cruise we did not plan well. for the night before the cruise in Miami. $250 for the night, Ouch! My falt. This time we stayed at the Sleep Inn Miami Airport. Sleep and Fly Rate. 69.00. It included keeping our car there for the week. This saved us parking. I dropped my wife and kids off at the port and I took the shuttle for ten Bucks. I was told it was $25 per person for a cab. Found out on the way back $25 total for everyone to get back. Getting on went quicker then last time at the same port. I had carried on a case of water for when we left the ship. No one said a word. Took the allowed amount of wine. Our room was ready when we got there around 12:30pm dropped off the luggage and went to the Lido Deck. The food was much better on this Cruise. We were on the Victory 3 years ago. We had two rooms on the first floor inside. Not much time spent in the cabin all Cruise. Jose and Vennesa took care of us at dinner. Both were great. All our meals in the dinning room were wonderful. The only problem was that our waiter Jose was confined to his cabin for two days. Vennesa did great stepping up but her helper was cluless. Never worked in the dinning room before, but he did his best. The funniest thing was that my son eats slow and turned to talk to his sister. When he turned back his food was gone. The waiter did not ask if he was finished. The look on my sons face was hilarious. We all had a good laugh. Oops Got to take the kids to CCD. Will write more later.

This was our 2nd Cruise but our first review. Our last cruise we did not plan well. for the night before the cruise in Miami. $250 for the night, Ouch! My falt. This time we stayed at the Sleep Inn Miami Airport. Sleep and Fly Rate. 69.00. It included keeping our car there for the week. This saved us parking. I dropped my wife and kids off at the port and I took the shuttle for ten Bucks. I was told it was $25 per person for a cab. Found out on the way back $25 total for everyone to get back. Getting on went quicker then last time at the same port. I had carried on a case of water for when we left the ship. No one said a word. Took the allowed amount of wine. Our room was ready when we got there around 12:30pm dropped off the luggage and went to the Lido Deck. The food was much better on this Cruise. We were on the Victory 3 years ago. We had two rooms on the first floor inside. Not much time spent in the cabin all Cruise. Jose and Vennesa took care of us at dinner. Both were great. All our meals in the dinning room were wonderful. The only problem was that our waiter Jose was confined to his cabin for two days. Vennesa did great stepping up but her helper was cluless. Never worked in the dinning room before, but he did his best. The funniest thing was that my son eats slow and turned to talk to his sister. When he turned back his food was gone. The waiter did not ask if he was finished. The look on my sons face was hilarious. We all had a good laugh. Oops Got to take the kids to CCD. Will write more later.

Your sons reaction would've probably won you some money on "America's Funniest Home Video's". I can picture it now...Lol. cant wait for the rest of the review.

Why was your waiter, Jose, confined to his cabin?

Jose was confined because he was not felling well. They take no chances and just confine them.

Day 1 at sea. I was up with the sun and a book making sure we got a few chairs due to the fact the ship was full. There were towels out already. My wife and kids met me and I went to the Spa for a workout. (1st and Last) When I got back my wife said that they were stiking to the half hour rule. If stuff was there to long they would put it in a bag and free up the chairs. We would take two chairs for 6 people. Me and the kids played all day. There was basketball, Ping Pong, Miniture Golf and of course the slide. Miniture golf was interesting at 20 knots. The ball would roll with the wind. It was fun to watch all the kids try to hit the ball before it blew away! Free Liquor tasting and Thier best prices of the week at the store on board. I can't say enough good things about the food. There is 7 more pounds of me to Love! The weather was great and the lido deck was jumping. I do not know why we played Bingo, I never even got close. The last day on the cruise they advertised a $5000.00 Jackpot. You could only win that prize if you won on a power ball that they picked under so many numbers pulled. (Also your name had to be marty and it had to be a monday night, at three PM and you had to be wearing Pink underwear, and a Blue cap) GOOD LUCK! This was all explained after everyone had purchased a ticket. (AND MY NAME IS NOT MARTY! I did have on the pink underwear :o) Grand Caymen to come next.

Grand Cayman: We started off of the ship after breakfast. Had to go to the Show lounge to get a ticket. After that wait until your number was called. We waited about 5 minutes. Down to the tender and a short ride to shore. As we were just leaving a pirate ship from a nearby excursion fired off on of the cannons. Not one person stayed in their seat. As we arrived we went to Eden Rocks for some snorkeling. Had been there on our last trip. Off the dock and to the right. A short walk to one of two entrance ways. The first one you come to was were we went last time. This trip there were two workers at the entrance. When we went to get in the water I was questioned about the Kids equipment. All they had was mask and snorkel, Just like last trip. He said have fun but be careful of the bottom. We were in for five minutes when my son swallowed some water and wanted to take a break. When we got out I went and asked how much the Fins would be. I thought this might make them more comfortable around the Big Fish. They were a little nervous. Then I noticed that my snorkel fell out. I went back to the water to find it. As I approached the water, children following, the same man who talked to me before said the kids need to have Fins and a life jacket. OK I'll get them what they need but I have to go get my snorkel. Now the other guy comes over and says that I need to have all that too. He said everyone has to have it. But what about the people you just helped into the water? Well you have to rent it but you don't have to use it! WHAT? Good buy! We walked down the road about 50 yards to Eden Rocks Dive Shop! First Time There. I rented Fins for my kids, Not required, and it was 21 dollars cheaper than the first place(for three). The entrance ladder was much easier to use to. If you have your own stuff you can use there facilities free. These guy's are great. I will go back there. We went shopping next. There was the Pirates grotto which if you bought liquor you get a free rum cake. They don't advertise this I just saw someone else get one so I asked. Yes, buy liquor and get a free rum cake. Prices were as cheap as anywhere else. After shopping back to the ship for Fish and chips. The soup was out of this world. Roatan Island Next!

• 1 month later...

OK it worked. Roatan Island. We went with Victor Bodden Tours. Our Guide was Juan Carlos. We had a great time he did every thing we asked. He was having trouble with his emailes and when we got there I forgot the booking conformation. We were not on the list! No worries Man. We didn't have to wait at all. Besides the things we wanted, we were given a great history of the island and all our questions were answered. We snorkeled, Iguana farm, Monkeys and shopping. not in that order. Here are some pictures.

783862073_Cooperscruise176.jpg.97f0bee0de50a945ec7250f19a916701.jpg

1647519424_Cooperscruise231.jpg.b89b5cb9d917bad0c593ce1145990da2.jpg

2031176996_Cooperscruise240.jpg.d3cf3c3ce07ffeffec4bb6762e3ce92d.jpg

26768153_Cooperscruise255.jpg.74423c3e25f589337f0a3888df9158da.jpg

429575660_Cooperscruise286.jpg.22b0995c9471b481cb9a3390f4f793cd.jpg

Archived