Captains and Cruise Directors

Rudi610

I haven't seen this thread on the Disney board. How many Captains and Cruise Directors does Disney have? I would assume 4 each as they rotate on and off the 2 ships. My family just got off the Magic where we had Capt. Tom (he never gave his last name) and our cruise director was Christain (I think his last name is Abbott). For those of you more experienced with Disney (this was our first Disney cruise), how do these guys rank among the other captains and cruise directors?

I haven't seen this thread on the Disney board. How many Captains and Cruise Directors does Disney have? I would assume 4 each as they rotate on and off the 2 ships. My family just got off the Magic where we had Capt. Tom (he never gave his last name) and our cruise director was Christain (I think his last name is Abbott). For those of you more experienced with Disney (this was our first Disney cruise), how do these guys rank among the other captains and cruise directors?

Not sure as to how they would rank, but I would assume that Disney now has up to 6 Captains, as usually they will send a new ships Captain at some point to the yards to help oversee new construction, learn the ship etc. If they have not announced who the 2 new capts, are, Disney definitely knows who they are.

Cruise directors and assitstant crusie directors change constantly.

I have done many,many cruises with disney and only had the same crusie director 3 or 4 times when I cruised close together.

Capt. Tom

Capt Henry

Capt Thor I believe are the 3 main Captains

All are friendly and know their job well. Capt Tom has stopped and talked with us many times late in the evening as we strolled the ship. He was very cordial and polite.

I know with 2 new ships coming they will need 3 more Captains. They always like one in reserve for when they take vacations or become ill for each 2 ships. That is what they told us at the Castaway get together last year.

We've had the following Captains/Cruise Directors:

Captain Tom Forberg ~~~~~ Magic, Feb '05

C/D Brent Davies

Captain John Barwis ~~~~~~Wonder, Jan '07

C/D ??? (Can't recall)

Captain Thord Haugen~~~~~ Magic, Feb '09

C/D Brent Davies

Captain Henry Andersson is one of the other Captains; haven't met him yet.

Archived