It pays to pay attention...

PK4SC

I just got a reduction in the cost of Aleyska resort in Girdwood by checking their current rates. I know that a lot of people on this board go back and check for reduction in the cruise price but it also pays to go back and check hotels, etc. to see if their are better rates available. Make sure you check you cancellation policies. I love saving money. More to spend on dinning, etc.

I was able to get a place in Fairbanks that was way too expensive when I first started planning my trip. Now it costs as much as the motel next to the strip club (a place I had reserved but thanks to Trip Advisor I learned about this little feature that they don't tell you on the motel website).

Whenever I reserve months ahead of time I try to make sure that I can cancel if something better comes along. Out of all the places I'm staying, the only one I couldn't have changed was Vancouver and that's OK, I got the Westin for cheap through Priceline.

It is important to check rates, I've saved myself a ton of money over the years by always checking to see if prices went down on hotels.

I was able to get a place in Fairbanks that was way too expensive when I first started planning my trip. Now it costs as much as the motel next to the strip club (a place I had reserved but thanks to Trip Advisor I learned about this little feature that they don't tell you on the motel website).

LOL - you might have enjoyed the free entertainment at the Golden North Motel :D

Archived