A Biased ;) Account of the Elation 4-19-09 Catalina/Ensenada

I don't know if the bees were much worse at this time of year, but they were everywhere. I ended up with one in my hand, and one in my flip-flop, and another down my shirt just from walking.

Bees are back strong this year. We haven't had bees in numbers in a while. They have been infected with some sort of virus and has really hurt the agriculture in CA.

They are not as prevalent in the winter months.

Then they did lower their prices......I am looking at mine now and it says a total of $5.75.......

It does not sound like this ship is doing all that well. I know the prices are dirt cheap too.......

I know we were talking to a drink server and he told us he was unhappy and he was trying to get a job with Princess........this was last Dec.

It was kind of a different vibe since the last time we sailed her in Aug of 2007.........at that time the servers seemed really happy to be in San Diego........I just couldn't put my finger on it this time.....we went looking for our fav server and he was no longer there....

Although we had a great time......it just was different....and we have sailed her 3 times....

That's sad. I would really like to cruise out of San Diego again, it's a beautiful city with so much to do. Also really liked the airport. Maybe the Cabo change will help.

Bees are back strong this year. We haven't had bees in numbers in a while. They have been infected with some sort of virus and has really hurt the agriculture in CA.

They are not as prevalent in the winter months.

Good to hear they are coming back, I know it's a big worry here when the bees decline. Another thing Catalina had, and maybe they are all over So. Cal., was a big moth that flies all day in full sun and looks like a hummingbird.

• 2 weeks later...

I was really glad to read a recent review of Elation. We're going on the May 10th 4 day cruise. This is the first time we're bringing our kids, so I'm asking questions with a different perspective than I did with our last cruise (hubby and I celebrating our 10th anniversary)!

I was really glad to read a recent review of Elation. We're going on the May 10th 4 day cruise. This is the first time we're bringing our kids, so I'm asking questions with a different perspective than I did with our last cruise (hubby and I celebrating our 10th anniversary)!

A Mother's Day cruise :) Hope you love it! Do you go to Catalina twice on the 4-day now? I think we must've been one of the last stops in Ensenada.

They ended up just skipping Ensenada entirely. The good part of that is the $50 shipboard credit per person. I think my kids will enjoy the money more than the Mexico experience anyway. :)

Yes, I realized it was Mother's Day after I booked the cruise. Kinda bummed because it's always a special day at our church. But maybe they'll have flowers or something special for the moms on the ship! And that's a pretty good Mother's Day gift (even if I did have to find, buy and plan it! LOL!)!

Archived