Shore Excursions Noordam July-

sasha6259

Hi,

I am a first time cruiser and am taking a 21 day Med cruise on the 3rd of July on the Noordam with my husband. We are trying to decide what excursions to do as we thought we should pre book. Any suggestions would be helpful. Our N-Z dollar is currently about 50c to to the US which makes them very expensive so we need to choose carefully. What could we do on our own and what ones are better to take a ship tour? I have read about roll call and wondered how one joined that. We have just hit 50 and are fit and well so can getting around is okay. I also noticed some people writing about private tours for small groups . Where can you book these? Please advise on where to start as I have no idea where to begin!! I am not even to sure how to negotiate this site yet.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says "Forum Jump". Click on the down arrow and find the section that says "Roll Calls". Choose "Holland America." When you get to the HA page, choose "Noordam". When that page comes up, find your specific cruise "July 3". There should be numerous posts from passengers who are actually on your cruise. Read them all. Someone may be putting together groups for private sightseeing. Based on our experiences, you can spend less and have a terrific time by hooking up with one or two other couples in a car or van with a driver/guide and doing your own thing.

Next: Go to "Forum Jump" and go to the section with different destinations (ports of call). You will choose Europe - Mediterranean. Here you will see hundred of posts with ideas for sightseeing and private tours.

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Hi ,I think we are on the same cruise, but we have deptarture as 8th July, 20 days on Noordam from Rome.???

Never mind Cruise Critic has very good information in their Ports Of Call , detailed information, which gives good idea of which Ports you can happily explore on your own and those that have special places of interest, and you are best to do with the ship tours . All able to be printed off for careful scrutiny.

In the Information for Booked passengers, on the Noordam site, when you enter your booking number, you can access and down load in PDF, the Ports of Call Book for your particular cruise ,which is very hellpful and gives you the costs as well ,of each tour.

In our experiance, while sometimes costly, the ships tours give you great peace of mind ,as you are always back in time, sometimes a close call, but they wont go without you ,if you are part of their own excursions.

Yes we leave 8 July for the 20 day cruise . Ay this stage we are catching a train from Rome. Hopefully with luggage this will be okay or would a private transfre be better ? I am havinmg difficulty locating my threads and postings . Can you tell me a quick way to get back to my postings?Many thanks.

Maria from New-Zealand.

Hi again,I just bookmarked the page and then takes you straight back to the place. I'm sure the train, direct, is fine ,then a taxi from the station. We are staying at the Airport the previous night and transfer with Hotel based car, sharing with friends. This is a lot cheaper than the Ship Transfers, costing us 190 E, for 4 , HAL is $125 US PP last time I checked, this is from the Airport.

Very exciting, roll on July.!

Hope you located the Shore Excursion download okay.?

Archived