Mariner And Hair Dryers

Diane1432

Hi There-

Yes, we did the eastern caribbean.

In Nassau we booked through shoretrips.com and did the 1/2 day sail and snorkel. It was fun, the snorkeling wasn't the best I've seen, but it WAS fun and the ride out was wonderful. We had a hard time deciding on things to do in Nassau since you aren't in port too long!

St. Thomas we did the Turtle Cove snorkel trip. This was AWESOME! We had such a blast! You can check out their website at doubloon.com (but you book the tour through the ship) We saw tons of sea turtles and the snorkeling was excellent, not to mention the banana benders on the way back in! Definitely a highlight of the trip for us!

St. Martin we booked again through shoretrips and did the beach day in Anguilla. Words cannot describe the beauty of that island.....we had a great time. You catch a taxi to Marigot which gives you a little tour of St. Martin, then you ferry over to Anguilla and are driven to a secluded beach with swaying palm trees, hammocks etc. It was drop dead gorgeous. We snorkeled a bit and just relaxed....they feed you a nice bbq lunch. I would have loved more time on Anguilla, it is out of this world!!

I just want to note here.....I have seen many people say that they couldn't feel this ship move.....DO NOT believe that for a second!!! LOL!! We felt it moving everywhere we went on the ship. In fact one of the pools was actually turned into a wave pool (which was a blast by the way) because the ship was moving so much. We all did fine....I took a non-drowsy dramamine daily and had no issues with motion sickness. Just thought that might help some people out! Also....the kids Adventure Ocean area is out of this world!!

Any more questions....fire away....as you can see I'm still on a high from my trip and would be happy to talk and talk and talk about this wonderful ship!!

-Becky

Flamom,

I was looking on line to find the tours you took, they all looked great, which ones were in our book, what was there names, I was having trouble finding them in our documents book. I dont want to book the wrong ones. I am interested in St Maarten Anguilla and also St Thomas Turtle Cove Snorkel Trip.

Thanks for your help. Cant wait to go.

Linda :)

Does anyone know if the Radisson at the Port has hairdryers? I'll need to do my hair before I board,so if they have them I actually could leave my hairdryer at home. That would be nice!
Yes, the Radisson at Port Canaveral have blowdryers in all the rooms. Just your standard fare. If you have thick hair, you might want to bring your own. :cool:

Linda-

The St. Martin trip was booked through shoretrips.com. Look under the St. Martin excursions, the trip we took was called Beach Day and Lunch in Anguilla. You can also do this same trip and swim with the dolphins.....we saw the dolphin area and it would be amazing if you are so inclined....it was pretty expensive so we opted just to watch.

The St. Thomas trip was the Turtle Cove Sailing and Snorkel. They charter the Doubloon and crew so I don't think it specifically mentions Doubloon in the write up. It is on page 22 of my spiral notebook.

Have Fun!!!

Becky

Archived