Swine flu updates from Cruise Critic

Well, bummer. I wonder what they'll do about us Ecstasy folks. We only have mexican ports. And Galveston is too far away to sail to any other ports. I can't imagine a 5 day cruise to nowhere. This is my first cruise, so I don't even know if it'd be better to do a cruise to nowhere or cancel. And it's my honeymoon no less. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what they have in store for us.

Sorry to hear that! I know how you feel though... we had a wedding planned in Cozumel on May 6th and a honeymoon planned for Cancun the week after and we're scambling to reschedule both.

I'll bet my cruise goes to San Diego and Catalina. I'd rather go north, to San Francisco, but people want a warm weather cruise. We'll see if I'm right.

Your cruise cannot go to either port without going to a foreign port. It looks like Carnival will try to touch Ensenada for an hour keeping all passengers onboard. It's possible this strategy might work for a few weeks.

Go to the carnival website, view TRIP Advisory.

This will give you the daily update on Carnival.

Our cruise agent called and they will not stop at any

Mexican ports next week.

Our cruise leaves on May 11.

We don't care where it goes, just so the ship stays afloat!

This will be our 18th Cruise! :)

[quote name='nolaAlive']They could do it in a day and a half, maybe less.

[B]They could easily make it to Havana.[/B]

Or they could cancel the 4 day cruises and add a day to the 5 day. Lots of options.

Or Carnival could change their minds and go back to the original itineraries. HAL is reserving that right.[/quote]

They could as easily sail to the moon in the next 10 days. Lets deal with actual options please.

Sorry to hear that! I know how you feel though... we had a wedding planned in Cozumel on May 6th and a honeymoon planned for Cancun the week after and we're scambling to reschedule both.

Oh no, that's awful!! Now I feel bad for complaining. I hope you're able to get everything worked out. Having just gotten married, I know you probably can't take one more thing to have to plan and worry about! Good luck. I hope it all works out for you.

Oh My Gosh!! I'm so sorry to hear that. I pray you get them rescheduled and that your wedding goes off without a hitch!

Good luck with the wedding plans. I live in Houston and Hurricane Ike came through on a Saturday and ruined alot of wedding plans. Even the week after alot of the city was still without power.

I wish a decision would be made for sailings that depart in the next 10 to 14 days, not just through May 4th. We sail on the Elation on May 7th and it would be nice to know what's going to happen. We'll still go if the Ensenada port is canceled. Not sure what we'll do if it isn't, but I like knowing what's up!

I live in Nova Scotia and there are 4 confirmed cases. They were on a school trip recently to Mexico. All 4 cases were relatively mild and they were temporarily in quarantine and are doing OK now.

That's very good. Thank you for responding :)

I wish a decision would be made for sailings that depart in the next 10 to 14 days, not just through May 4th. We sail on the Elation on May 7th and it would be nice to know what's going to happen. We'll still go if the Ensenada port is canceled. Not sure what we'll do if it isn't, but I like knowing what's up!

LOL...it looks like the only port that won't be canceled is Ensenada, you just won't be allowed off there.

Watch closely, when the itinerary change is announced you will have 24 hours to cancel. If you choose to go I hope you have a wonderful time. :)

going with my girlfriend! I agree... cruise to nowhere would be way better than anything else that will happen this weekend! we're going regardless! shoot me an email! it's my username here at gmail

Fantastic!

I just got off the phone with Amber at Carnival. (She is great!!)

We are definitely NOT going to anywhere in Mexico. They are still deciding where we are going, another port or to stay at sea. We won't know anything until around 5 p.m. tomorrow. At that point, if you don't like the plan they have made, you will have options to either change the cruise or whatever....I didn't get exact details, but there will be options to not go on this specific cruise.

Amber said to check your Carnival.com reservation for the latest and greatest. We can probably call too. So, my sense of adventure has been awakened, whatever will be will be, as long as it is on a boat!! :D

Not today. Perhaps tomorrow.

New Orleans - Freeport is a very real possibility.

Bro...I'd like to see the embargo ended tomorrow. Your people run the country now, why don't they want to do the right thing?

Okay, I am usually not one to voice my opinions on a message board, but this is for those of you who keep saying that you wouldn't mind missing your Mexican port and just have an extra sea day.

I am having a hard time understanding why some of you would rather be contained on a ship with 2000 or more people -- not knowing if any of these people have been exposed to the virus or not -- I know that I would feel safer laying on the beach in Cozumel than I would spending the day sharing the pool or spa or buffett line, etc with so many people.

I'm not worried about Cozumel at all -- it's being around so many people that is more of a concern for me.

Please tell me I'm not alone in my thinking.

We were/are to sail on the Splendor next week, which from the website announcement we will not be going to Mexico. I just got home and Carnival called at 1:30 (CST), but left no message. It appears they knew then they were going to do something different (cause I'm sure it wasn't an upsell call!).

We are on the same sailing. If I can get word one way or another about calling on Mexico in two weeks, we will decide on staying or switching to a caribbean cruise. What a total bummer. Mariner is our favorite and we have waited so long to get her over to California. Now we will have to consider another $1,000 in airfare and the chaos of booking a last minute sailing. We will NOT choose to float around San Diego where it has been 60 degrees all week. Not any cruise lines fault, but this media induced panic is really rubbing me wrong.

We are sailing on 5/10 on Mariner to Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. Or are we? Very anxious to hear what the decision by RCI will be. I did not spend this much money to cruise to US and Canada.

Archived