Monaco/Monte Carlo from Cannes

alixma

Just found out, due to change of itinerary for Oceana- sailing 16th May, our excursion to Monaco/Monte Carlo is not available. Does anyone know if and how we can get to Monaco from Cannes on train/bus? Any tips gratefully received. Thanks.

We never got to Monte Carlo on our Med cruise in 2007 either, I was very disappointed, as it was one of the main reasons for us booking.

We sailed into Cannes, early, sun up, and it looked a lovely day ahead, got up early had breakfast ready for out coach for Monte Carlo, and then at 9am a tannoy announcement - we won't be going as too much of a swell and tenders couldn't be lowered....so we sailed on to Antibes and anchored off out to sea...soon as I heard the annoucement a quick dash to the sun deck to bag a good sun lounger, and I got 2 in a prime location looking out to sea by the rail,..... for the 1st time ever, as they are usually reserved by the 8am towel brigade.

Anyway, I believe there is a coastal train that runs along from Nice, Cannes, and onto Monte Carlo, a bit of googling should find out more info. Used it a long time ago.

If I remember right, it'll take about an hour to get there, so make sure you give yourself enough time.

Saying that, it's worth it, especially as they'll have all the stands et al ready for the Grand Prix, probably a few teams would have arrived.

Wife went last year and enjoyed rubbing my nose in the fact, she was walking round the pits, and part of the circuit..

Enjoy

Scrozuk

Archived