Crete ---Knossos Palace

Those of you who have visited, would you recommend it? I've booked the ship's excursion, due to an early departure from port. After reading some feedback on this site, I'm just wondering whether we'd be better off touring the town. Any thoughts?

You can take a taxi out of port.. will cost you 80-90 euro and you can visit Knossos, the city of Iraklion and the museum (if you are lucky and is open:p).. the ticket for Knossos area cost 6 euro and the taxi can transfer 4 passengers..

You can take a taxi out of port.. will cost you 80-90 euro and you can visit Knossos, the city of Iraklion and the museum (if you are lucky and is open:p).. the ticket for Knossos area cost 6 euro and the taxi can transfer 4 passengers..

We took a taxi with another couple and had a combined tour of the island. I wish we had gotten a tourguide--we will next time so you know what you are looking at. We then went to the museum which is small, but nice and back to the ship. We then walked into town--it was wonderful--and had a great lunch.

There are licensed guides inside the entrance at Knossos. Ours was excellent. We waited around about 15 minutes until she had a group of about 10 English speakers. The guide charged $10 each and the tour lasted a couple of hours.

We took a taxi to Knossos from our ship for about $10 each way. There weren't any taxis available when we went to leave Knossos, but another driver who was waiting for his customers called one for us.

There are licensed guides inside the entrance at Knossos. Ours was excellent. We waited around about 15 minutes until she had a group of about 10 English speakers. The guide charged $10 each and the tour lasted a couple of hours.

We took a taxi to Knossos from our ship for about $10 each way. There weren't any taxis available when we went to leave Knossos, but was waiting for his customers called one for us.

Thanks for the great info. By the cost of the taxi I assume that you docked in Heraklion. We will be docking in Aghios Nicholas, which is farther away, so we will look to hire a taxi for the day.

Archived