Is Oasis coming to Southampton?

A few months ago when the 2009 cruise schedules were released for Southampton it included a call by the Oasis of the Seas sometime in October/November.

I know that both the Freedom OTS and Liberty OTS made a stop in Southampton when new, for publicity reasons, before making their way to their US homeports. I assumed this was the plan for Oasis when I saw the scheduled stop.

I check the Southamtpon VTS pages regularly to keep up to speed on what ships ae here, but the call by Oasis disappeared several weeks ago. Does this mean that she will not stop here or simply that they are still finalising plans/confirming dates?

Any info anyone has would be great, as I really want to see Oasis before she heads over to the other side of the pond for good!

A few months ago when the 2009 cruise schedules were released for Southampton it included a call by the Oasis of the Seas sometime in October/November.

I know that both the Freedom OTS and Liberty OTS made a stop in Southampton when new, for publicity reasons, before making their way to their US homeports. I assumed this was the plan for Oasis when I saw the scheduled stop.

I check the Southamtpon VTS pages regularly to keep up to speed on what ships ae here, but the call by Oasis disappeared several weeks ago. Does this mean that she will not stop here or simply that they are still finalising plans/confirming dates?

Any info anyone has would be great, as I really want to see Oasis before she heads over to the other side of the pond for good!

I do believe there was report of that....maybe if you do a search you will find the thread.

I do believe there was report of that....maybe if you do a search you will find the thread.

I tried searching but all I got on here was the news from earlier this year when they announced the call in Southamtpon. Since the call has disappeared I can't find any follow up.

Afraid NOT:(, whilst on the Independence of the Seas Transatlantic crossing last week, the question was put to the Captain when we were on the bridge tour and he stated that it would be going STRAIGHT to Ft Lauderdale from the shipyard as there will still be work to be done on her, very much like what the Voyager of the Seas did when she was brand new.

Afraid NOT:(, whilst on the Independence of the Seas Transatlantic crossing last week, the question was put to the Captain when we were on the bridge tour and he stated that it would be going STRAIGHT to Ft Lauderdale from the shipyard as there will still be work to be done on her, very much like what the Voyager of the Seas did when she was brand new.

This is because she has to have her plants etc installed when she arrives in FLL :)

It would have been nice to have seen her here though..even if no-one was allowed to board her.

Archived