For Lorekauf: I ordered liver in the main dining room, just for you....

Old As Dirt Mom

Middle-aged mom

I'm anxioux to hear from someone who did the three day out of Seattle this weekend. Was the new terminal 91 functioning well, how about the traffic flow and parking. Also hope there were no more signs of Nora Virus on Amsterdam.

Hi coffeeclutch,

Pier 91 was functioning reasonably well considering we were the first cruise ship in there. Parking and traffic flow were handled efficiently, and there were plenty of staff and signs directing folks where to go. Here are a couple of threads about Pier 91 that might help you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=973237

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=975818

The Amsterdam was cruising under "code red" because of the norovirus the entire 3 days we were on board. We had a great cruise, regardless. The Amsterdam is currently undergoing almost two weeks of drydock in Victoria, B.C. including ship sanitizing (according to crew with whom I spoke), so here's hoping the cycle of contamination will be broken before she begins her Alaska itinerary on May 9th.

Judging from this thread, HAL is offering liver because it seems many enjoy it. There have been comments people don't cook it for themselves so it is a treat to have it offered on the ships.

I haven't seen it on many menus in our area so for DH it's a treat that I don't make him. I used to but no more..... I no longer eat it.

For me, it' the opposite. I rarely order it when I go out, because invariably, it will be overcooked and tough. I only get to cook it at home for myself when I'm alone, as my son and husband won't touch it.

I didn't order it the first week on board as our waiter said it wasn't good. But I decided to give it a try the second week, and I was truly surprised at how well it was cooked. Liver is not the easiest of foods to cook properly. It's really easy to over cook it.

If you like liver, I'm thinking you'll love HAL's!

Thank you. I couldn't find those post. I like liver too!

You're welcome. Here are some great photos of Pier 91 and the Amsterdam on the blog done by CC member and HAL employee Dutch By Association:

http://dutchbyassociation.blogspot.com/

Sorry to digress from the fascinating liver topic.

Archived