Supper club

sierras76

We are cruising on the Liberty May 9th and have supper club reservations, someone mentioned that they thought that my hubby had to wear a suit jacket. Does anyone know if this is true. We were not planning on bringing anything too formal this trip.

When we fly to the port of departure, DH doesn't take his suit jacket, due to the space it takes up in the luggage. He wears a dress shirt and slacks to the Supper Club. If you go to the Supper Club on formal night, your DH should probably wear a tie with his dress shirt. As Mach said, the Supper Club dress code is the same as the dining room's.

When we fly to the port of departure, DH doesn't take his suit jacket, due to the space it takes up in the luggage. He wears a dress shirt and slacks to the Supper Club. If you go to the Supper Club on formal night, your DH should probably wear a tie with his dress shirt. As Mach said, the Supper Club dress code is the same as the dining room's.

A tie is no longer suggested on cruise elegant night, and casual dress is way too casual for the DR, IMO. I would go by the Carnival "Cruise Elegant" suggestions for the supper club.

What is Cruise Elegant Attire? Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

As Mach said, DH should wear slacks and a nice shirt; personally I would throw on a jacket in lieu of a tie. If it is cruise elegant night, he would not be out of place in a tie - or a tux - but can wear whatever he would have worn to the DR that night.

Thanks thats what I thought. He is bringing dress slacks and polo shirts for dinners but I wanted to make sure before we got to dinner. With the new charges for luggage we are trying to conserve on what we bring.

Archived