Belize City beaches

waterwings63

Are there any beaches to visit in Belize near the port. We have the cave tubing excursion while there, but due to the flu outbreak out Cozumel stop was cancelled and we still want to dip into the Caribbean Sea and experience the caves. We do not have much time after the cave tubing

As far as I know, there arent any beaches near the port...after our cavetubing trip we only had maybe an hour afterwards (if that) to shop at the port and be back on board. I doubt you will be able to do both. Sorry, but have fun doing whatever you choose! :D

We recently did a tour of Old Belize and there was a place called Cucumber beach that looked really nice [it wasn't open due to Easter]. I'm going to post a picture. There was also a museum and bar there. It basically looked like a large waterfront, seawater pool on one side with a waterslide, and some chairs and umbrellas on a small stretch of land with the beach on the other side. It is fairly close to the port, but I can't remember exactly how far. It's a small, but nice looking beach.

2595260460105078574S600x600Q85.jpg

2359796320105078574S600x600Q85.jpg2345956520105078574S500x500Q85.jpg

Cucumber beach is really more of a marina than a beach, but it is definitely not withing walking distance from dock. Looking at it on Google maps, I wouldn't plan on visiting. Plus, lots of sentiment & boat pollution in the area. There are several great beaches on islands if you want to do a beach excursion.

Archived