Tampa VS Port Canaveral

GMC

I have sailed from Port Canaveral several times but never from Tampa. Can anyone tell me which is the best port for departure? Why?

Thanks to all

That all depends on your mode of transportation to/from the port. If you drive, it really doesn't make much difference. Both are easy to find, each has convenient parking, both cost $10.00 per day. I have sailed from both & embarkation/disembarkation about the same procedures.

If you fly, definately Tampa. It is much easier to get to the Tampa pier from the Tampa airport. About 15 minutes by cab. From Cape Canaveral, most pax generally fly into Ocala & that's a much further trip to the pier. About 50-60 miles or so, cost more $$, takes longer, etc....

Happy cruising...

I've sailed out of both. I lived in Florida, though, when I sailed out of Tampa and Port Can. I lived in Orlando so I had no problem getting to either one. Now that I live in NH, I would say that Tampa would be the easiest port to get to. The Tampa airport is just a short drive away . . . plus there are lots of hotels right next to the port. You could get away with not renting a car or using the cruise line transfer. Just use a taxi or stay a night in a nearby hotel and use the hotel's airport shuttle.

Port Can. is a 40 minute drive away from the Orlando airport. So, you'd need to either rent a car, get the cruiseline transfer or arrange a shuttle van or limo. There are NO nearby hotels at the port . . . at least a 5-10 minute drive depending on where you decide to stay. Can't walk it.

HOWEVER, I think Port Can. has some better options . . .Bahama cruises and Caribbean cruises . . . newer ships and older ships.

Just need to figure out which works best for you.

Archived