Is Carnival's beach getaway Banister Island?

honeycutt264

Now that I know we're being re-routed and heading to Belize, I'd like to make some plans for my family. I have been to Belize before and wasn't impressed at all by the port.

I am wondering is the Carnival beach getaway that they offer, Banister Island?

I saw a tour through Coral breeze for Bannister Island and they look more expensive than what Carnival is offering (if it's Banister Island).

Also, if you had to choose between Caulker Caye and Bannister Island, which would you choose and why? Thank you for your input.:cool:

We just were in Belize last week and did the Private Island Beach Break thru Carnival - it is Bannister Island. I did like doing this excursion thru the ship because it was quicker to get to Bannister - the tender took you right from the ship to the island. If you book thru Coral Breeze or another tour company you have to go inland to the port first then take another boat to Bannister. It was a beautiful beach - not crowded at all when we were there, we did Kayaking and the water trampoline. I don't have any info on the other destination you mentioned. I think that the trip to Bannister was worth the $$$.

I really didn't want to go to Belize. It's one of those port where you have to spend a lot of money on an excursion or it's a worthless time in port. I didn't feel safe there the last time and now I'm bringing my children. So, thank you for your response. This may be a great option for us!

If going to Bannister thru Carnival, once there, is snorkeling available at the island? How is it? We have some in our group that only want beach time while others would like to also have snorkel. Thanks.

Also like to know if you can return early back to the ship or are you there until end of day??

Now that I know we're being re-routed and heading to Belize, I'd like to make some plans for my family. I have been to Belize before and wasn't impressed at all by the port.

I am wondering is the Carnival beach getaway that they offer, Banister Island?

I saw a tour through Coral breeze for Bannister Island and they look more expensive than what Carnival is offering (if it's Banister Island).

Also, if you had to choose between Caulker Caye and Bannister Island, which would you choose and why? Thank you for your input.:cool:

Caye Caulker is a sleepy little fishing town with some great restaurants....no beach per say other than near "The Split"..... only way to really do any good snorkelling there is to take a shore tour further out near the barrier reef. The island is small... the people are friendly, but not much to really do there at all.

Here is some more info: You can't return sooner if you want to - there is only one boat usually for your ship's excursion. I did find that it wasn't too long of a stay - seemed to be about 3 1/2 hours which was perfect. I think if the weather wasn't great they would probaly come early to pick you up. The tender did bring us right back to the ship, but the guy on the tender said if you wanted to go to the port, stay on the ship and they would bring you to port. there are tenders at the port about every 1/2 hour. Just remember to keep an eye on the time and make sure you are always on ship time. There were a few people who were literally running down the dock screaming "wait"! The boat leaves on time . . with or without you. This is a nice relaxing beach - you'll love it!

Oh yah, I'm not sure about snorkeling - if they offer that thru Carnival at Bannister . . I know they did thru Coral Breeze, maybe you could e-mail them and ask them to pick you up on the island (since they will be dropping people off there anyways) and you can go to the snorkeling part with them.

The OP did not as for tour guide suggestions and solicitation of tour operators is not allowed per CC guidelines.....i.e. website links, email addys. You may want to edit your post and remove this info before the mods see the post and either remove it or edit it for ya. Just a friendly "heads up" in case ya didn't know. ;)

The OP did not as for tour guide suggestions and solicitation of tour operators is not allowed per CC guidelines.....i.e. website links, email addys. You may want to edit your post and remove this info before the mods see the post and either remove it or edit it for ya. Just a friendly "heads up" in case ya didn't know. ;)

Huh :confused:

There was a member soliciting another tour operator.... that post was removed by the MODS and now mine makes ya go huh ??? !!!

Thanks for the reply. So what is now shown as Post #1 wasn't the original OP? Guess I didn't see the post you are referring to. :confused:

Archived