Natural Pool

w8ing2cruz

Has anyone ever made it to the Natural Pool? We have been to the bridge and were told that we were not supposed to take our rented jeeps to the pool. I have heard that you can park the jeep and walk to the pool. Is it very far and is it worth our time?

Guest Host Tink
Has anyone ever made it to the Natural Pool? We have been to the bridge and were told that we were not supposed to take our rented jeeps to the pool. I have heard that you can park the jeep and walk to the pool. Is it very far and is it worth our time?

Hi, we were there in 1998 and it was worth every minute of it. I understand now though that you can't get to it on your own, you have to be with an organized tour. Check with the tour desk on board your ship, they will most likely have some sort of an excursion that includes the Natural Pools.

The natural pool is a MUST if you are in Aruba. We rented a jeep last winter and went there. I saw a few people walking it but its a rough rocky walk. Many of the jeep rental companies requestyou not take the jeep to the natural pool due to the roughness of the terain.

You can book a tour thru the cruise line or if you want to save a lot of money hire a driver once you are off the ship.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

My fiance' and I were in Aruba in April and we rented a jeep and drove to the natural pool ourselves. Yes, the terrain was treacherous but if you enjoy four-wheeling like we do, it was a blast! I couldn't tell you how to get there - we just stayed on the trails closest to the water and eventually came to it. We initially took a trail from near the natural bridge - we back-tracked a bit from the main road then took a left up over the hill then headed on the trails closest to the water. It is a definite must do, just wear your seat belt! We were not asked to stay away from these trails at all and as a matter of fact, there were quite a few tourists who had rented jeeps and had made it to the pool. I say go for it - just also plan to take water with you as it gets quite dry and hot on those trails and the pool is a wonderful cool off when you get there!

Archived