May 15th Carribean Princess excursion to BAths cancelled

cujochurch

I was just checking my itinerary and the Princess website shows our excursion booked through the ship to the baths as cancelled. Does anyone know why? I am a little upset Princess didn't contact us about it. We will be there 7am - 5pm. Is there a way for us to tour the baths independently?

ok I called Princess to try and find out why it was cancelled. All they would say is that is was cancelled due to operational problems. Of course I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, lol.

I am on your cruise and was going to do the tour with my girlfriend independently. Both Smith and Speedy's offer service & I just called Speedy's so you should be good to go! I attached the schedule for ya! See you in 9 days

Departs

Virgin Gorda Arrives

Tortola

08:00am 08:30am

10:05am 10:35am

11:30am 12:05pm

12:30pm 01:05pm

03:30pm 04:05pm

05:00pm 05:30pm

Departs

Tortola Arrives

Virgin Gorda

09:00am 09:30am

10:30am 11:00am

12:00pm 12:30pm

01:30pm 02:05pm

04:30pm 05:05pm

06:00pm 06:30pm

I am on your cruise and was going to do the tour with my girlfriend independently. Both Smith and Speedy's offer service & I just called Speedy's so you should be good to go! I attached the schedule for ya! See you in 9 days

Departs

Virgin Gorda Arrives

Tortola

08:00am 08:30am

10:05am 10:35am

11:30am 12:05pm

12:30pm 01:05pm

03:30pm 04:05pm

05:00pm 05:30pm

Departs

Tortola Arrives

Virgin Gorda

09:00am 09:30am

10:30am 11:00am

12:00pm 12:30pm

01:30pm 02:05pm

04:30pm 05:05pm

06:00pm 06:30pm

Thanks for the info. We were on the same tour. How far from our ship to Speedy's? Do you have to reserve your space? I hear a lot of people go to the Bath's so what if the boat gets filled up? Once you get to Virgin Gorda how do you get to Baths? Sorry for all the questions but I didn't research anything on this island cos we had booked the tour. Not a lot of time left to plan something else.:(

We just did this excursion through Princess last week. No mention of any operational issues with the tour. They loaded us up on a ferry from Speedy's and took us over the Virgin Gorda. Once there we loaded into taxis/shuttles to get us to the Baths. From where the ferry docked (and there were other ferry's there as well) you would definitely need a cab to get to the baths and back. Not sure where the ferry leaves from in Tortola as they picked us up right next to the ship. There was a note on our ticket that the excursion could be cancelled due to weather/rough seas. Considering that was on our ticket, if the weather is not favorable, you might want to reconsider going on your own if they know there can be weather issues.

The Baths themselves were nice. If you go, I would recommend going through the caves to Devil's beach. Neat experience to walk though the caves. Bring water shoes if you do since it is over rock, sand, and water.

Enjoy the cruise. We had a great time.

Tim

I just came back yesterday from Tortola. I booked my excursion through Patouche, and I've got to say that it was the highlight of my cruise. It was a Catamaran excursion.

Joanne

Thanks for the info. We were on the same tour. How far from our ship to Speedy's? Do you have to reserve your space? I hear a lot of people go to the Bath's so what if the boat gets filled up? Once you get to Virgin Gorda how do you get to Baths? Sorry for all the questions but I didn't research anything on this island cos we had booked the tour. Not a lot of time left to plan something else.:(

The walk to Smiths or Speedys is about 10 minutes from the cruise ship pier. You can purchase your taxi ride to the Bath with your ferry ticket. (Both Smiths and Speedy offers packages). Its 35 pp and there is a $3 admission fee to the Baths. The taxi arranged by the ferry will tell you what time to meet it at the Baths for your return trip. We did the ferry with Smiths over Easter Break...easy as pie. Don't worry about enough room...there's lots of space. You do not have to prebook or reserve.

Archived