Got Back Ressie for Amersisuites for Next Criuse?

amy hood

Received confirmation from valuetrip for our Nov. pre-criuse room stay. I will bid on Priceline but in case I am turned down then I have us covered. Valuetrip rate was 75.00. When I checked through the Amerisuites site the aarp and aaa rates were over 100.00 per suite. One less detail delt with.:p

How far in advance did you bid on priceline? Also any info on the shuttle and alternatives would be helpful. What time is the first run to the Port.

I wish I was leaving this Sat.:(

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!:D Lots of sunshine and smooth seas!!!:)

Amerisuites is the only known 2.5* on Priceline in the Fort Lauderdale Downtown zone (up til now - new ones can come up at any time). It usually goes for around $50 plus fees on Priceline if its available. One of the fellows that posts on here regularly offering assistance, 'thereuare', is the moderator of a great site that helps out with Priceline and Hotwire bidding. It's called betterbidding.com and if you do some reading there you'll get really familiar with the ins and outs of the whole process. Also if you post your questions on the Florida section of that site you'll get lots of answers. I have bid up to $47 on Priceline for this stay and haven't got it but still have my Valuetrips reservation at $75. I haven't been pushing Priceline that hard because we need two rooms with 4 people in each and the folks we're travelling with don't deal with not getting exactly what they want all that well, if you know what I mean. I'm thinking we're better off paying the extra $20 or $30/room and being sure that we have two doubles and a sofa bed in each. No crabbing that way:) . We'll see.

I know what you mean. I haven't stayed here but my Mom has and my ssisiter have. One was a valuetrip stay the other was a priceline bid. I have bid on priceline for this hotel and Embassy suites also visit the betterbidding site often. I just wasn't sure how early you can try bidding.

I fully understand why it may be better to take a sure thing then gamble with the bed set up.

Thanks for the help and I still hope you enjoy your crise. My Mom wants to drive down 8.5 hours with not stops.:eek: I can see the sense in it. I had rather spend the money for airfare on a balcony cabin than airfare. At least that is what I keep telling myself.:D There will be 11 of us.

Archived