So what's "not so good" to eat on Carnival?

Almost anything on the mexican buffet at midnight on lido deck. What is in that salsa? I have never had salsa that has oil in it. Those tacos? Horrible! The chips are even sketchy, but with the cheese sauce over them, edible.

Almost anything on the mexican buffet at midnight on lido deck. What is in that salsa? I have never had salsa that has oil in it. Those tacos? Horrible! The chips are even sketchy, but with the cheese sauce over them, edible.
LOL/ The good thing is it's late at night and for me, as long as it's greasy it will do... gotta soak up that alcohol somehow. :D

The Beef Wellington was nasty. Thank you to whoever decided to no longer serve it on the Paradise.

This is sooooooo subjective.

Why is it when on one cruise something is excellant and the next the same thing is not even suitable for insects?

The Beef Wellington was nasty. Thank you to whoever decided to no longer serve it on the Paradise.

This is sooooooo subjective.

Why is it when on one cruise something is excellant and the next the same thing is not even suitable for insects?

Beef wellington was awful! In fact, the beef wellington night was one that we dreaded and always went to the supper club. I asked a waiter when they were having it and remarked that it was the least favorite among cruisers.

Coffee- it is liquid concentrate. There is more to coffee than strong or weak, there is concentrate or fresh brewed from grounds, fresh brewed from freshly ground, degree of roast used and my favorite, fresh roast-fresh ground fresh brewed. I roast my beans and grind them fresh for espresso. I consider the stuff in the stores stale/edible, so I roast it myself. The coffee bar pay stuff is ok and their espresso is not bad at all, I think they still use Lavazza from Italy, overall, much better than that Starbucks junk.

Fish and Chips on Conquest Class-not even edible. It tastes like it has been soaked in vinegar for about 3 months :eek:

New England Crab and Lobster Cake.Maryland is NOT New England, Carnival . There's no lobster OR crab in it-just stuffing.

Lobster-I eat it, but you call that lobster ? First of all, where's the rest of the lobster ?

I don't care for the Grand Marnier souffle, creme brulee (although, I think I'm just not a fan of creme brulee period), and the pizza. IMO, the pizza has really gone downhill in the past two years. I had one slice on the Freedom last week, and I didn't even finish it - not worth the calories to me.

I appreciate the opinions here!! Especially on the fruit soups. I really was thinking that they would be as describe. Surprised about the lobster bisque, i was looking forward to that. Will save it for the supper club night. I am not a big chocolate fan, so if there is another option on dessert, i will try something different, and beg a bite off my sister's...she loves chocolate!!

The only time I have ever eaten lamb was on the Fantasy. I hated it, but maybe that is how lamb tastes. I have no other expirience to compare it to.

Lamb on Carnival is horrid! You should try elsewhere, cooked right its great.

Depends on the night, sometimes melting cake cooked right, other nights it seems way under cooked.

I will try to stick to things I usually like in normal life...

- cheese sticks were awful

- desserts are mostly unimpressive in taste

- pizza has gone downhill, the Fantasy cooks always undercooked it, crust is supposed to be crispy, but it was barely done at times

- iced tea is obviously some kind of concentrate, all ships use the same thing and it's all bad

The beef is the worst I have ever had. Tough and very tough, even the steak knife didn't cut it. Most of their meats are very fatty. Fish was fine but not enough variety.

The coffee was terrible to.

I just got back from Miracle's 8 day cruise out of NYC.

I agree about the scrambled eggs...get an omelet instead.

Baked Alaska is always a let down.

And Cherries Jubilee too...five pie cherries on some vanilla ice cream...

I disagree about the Grand Marnier souffle...love it.

The last time I had the Beef Wellington it was inedible...so I had two Grand Marnier souffles instead. Yeah, that was overkill. but I would love to have one right now.

Sometimes menu items that are great on one trip are not so good on another.

But some things are just totally yucky all the time.

The first weird and icky thing I have seen was an anti pasta plate served at lunch.

I have seen it served twice and not eaten either time.

It has sea stuff in it...little squids and octopus thingies laid out on a plate.

It reminds me of high school biology class.

Another was a chilled orange soup served at lunch.

It had an Indian sounding name.

I was feeling brave and it was a mistake.

Another was a lunch that had baked salmon that had been marinated in something green with orange shredded veggie things on top and purple potatoes laid out in a circle around the fish.

I wish I had a photo. It looked like something from outer space.

The fish was horrid.

Three of us tried it and no one could eat it.

A few have complained above about scrambled eggs. The ones in the steam trays in the buffet, very much remind me of military chow hall 'food.'

BUT

You can go to the omelet station and get your scrambled eggs fresh made. Or an omelet, OR eggs to order----up, over easy, etc.

Any of the Flambe desserts are a waste of time, Baked Alaska, Cherries Jubilee, Bananas Foster. Fire safety won't allow the proper prep of these dishes. And if it can't be done right, why do it at all?

I don't care for the pizza.

The sauce on my Eggs Benedict was kind of dried out and nasty. I've only tried them once. I've read here that others really like them.

I like the chilled fruit soups OK, but they do taste like melted ice cream.

I never really had a problem with the buffet scrambled eggs. They're OK to me.

The tea from the buffet isn't good, but I still drink a lot of it. The tea in the dining room is wonderful.

Pizza? I think the problem with the pizza is that they using fake cheese. When pizza is hot, the cheese should be stringy, the cheese on CCL pizza is more blobish, like what you get from Dominos. I am not saying that it is 100% fake, maybe 50% fake, kind of like what most frozen pizzas have.

You gotta be brave to post in this one...:eek:

Okay, I'm feeling brave. I finally tried the warm choc melting cake this last cruise, twice. It just tasted like an under cooked regular cake to me. Not good.

Now I will go run for cover and not come out until Thanksgiving.

I'm brave as well. I hated the warm chocolate melting cake. Tried it 4 times on two different ships and just don't like it.

The nacho chips aren't so great either.

I don't care for the pizza.

The sauce on my Eggs Benedict was kind of dried out and nasty. I've only tried them once. I've read here that others really like them.

I don't care for the pizza either.

I learned something that might help on the Eggs Benedict with dried out sauce.

Last morning of our last cruise we had breakfast with a guy who ordered his Eggs Benedict with the sauce on the side.

It was and ah-ha moment.

LOL/ The good thing is it's late at night and for me, as long as it's greasy it will do... gotta soak up that alcohol somehow. :D

nooooo...grease + alcohol for me = major heartburn and writhing in agony.

Archived