Zuiderdam Cat SC photos

iggybee77

Hi all - am new to cruise critic boards....wondering if anyone might have photos of room SC 5190 on the Zuiderdam. I heard the verandah is completely covered on deck 5 since the refit. Am booked for Alaska at the end of June in this room and was curious to see photos beforehand. I've stayed in several cat SA suites in the past and am hoping the aft suite isn't that much smaller.....

There is a link in my signature to a full set of photos of Westerdam SC 4185, post-retrofit. The veranda in SC 5190 will be covered, as you have been told, but about the same size, and I think the cabin interior for 5190 is the same size as 4185, or if anything, a little larger.

We found 4185 ample for our needs - but we've never been in an SA, so I can't really compare. You may miss the proximity to the Neptune Lounge - it's a bit of a trek from those aft cabins - but in my view the wake view is worth the sacrifice of a few cappucinos and snacks.

Having been in Alaska last summer I'd say a covered veranda is perfect - that way you can get outside and look at the scenery even if the weather isn't cooperating. Enjoy your trip!

Archived