dishonesty with soda package

Or for free from the tap.

And the irony of it all is I bet the bottled water the ship is selling is actually tap water from the ship put into bottles. :D

LOL Well, it's technically purified, right? :D It actually doesn't taste that bad! We ran out the last day of our last cruise and I drank it all day. My "holy crap!!" gene just won't let me pay 3.50 for a bottle of water, ya know? ;)

Can someone tell me the link that says a 12 pack of soda or water is acceptable to bring on board? Hubby thinks I am crazy and does not want to do something against the rules.

Thanks!

Can someone tell me the link that says a 12 pack of soda or water is acceptable to bring on board? Hubby thinks I am crazy and does not want to do something against the rules.

Thanks!

Go to the website of whatever cruiseline you're taking and you'll find it there. I don't know that anything is here on CC, but all lines allow you to bring your soda and water on board. (or at least every line I've been on)

So if im at the bar and I order a soda; then i decide to give it to someone, do you guys consider me stealing too?

Well, that depends on whether you used your soda package (sticker) to get it or bought it as an individual purcahse and paid for it as a one-off item. If you paid for it as an individual item, it's yours to do with as you please. You buy one soda (it would be a can for about $2.25) and it is yours the same way as if you buy a 12-pack in the store and decide to give a can to a friend. If you used your soda package, it's stealing because the unlimited soda package is for as much soda as one person, the person who buys the flat-rate package can drink, period. No sharing, no passing a soda to someone else. The parallel in regard to buying soda in a store would be that you buy a 12-pack at the store, but then decide to go steal another one for a friend because, after all, you paid for the first one. Or a comparison would be going to an all-you-can-eat buffet and filling two plates, one for you and one for a friend, but only paying the price for one person.

For all those who keep saying that soda costs "5 cents" a glass. While it's true that the markup on soda is ridiculous, that "5 cents" is for ingredients and ignores the other costs such as the machines, maintaining and cleaning the machines, and having employees who use the machines. It's not a huge additional expense, but it is there.

beachchick

If you are drinking Caffeine Free Diet Coke (we found only one bar on the Mariner that had it), they would open a can of the pop and give me husband 1 glass full of it IF he showed his card with sticker. They would NOT give him the full can of pop. If he had the card with sticker AND his mug, they would give him the full can of pop as long as it was poured into his mug. He was always asked for the card/with sticker.

Another plus was if Johnny Rockets was open, they would fill his mug with a Diet Vanilla Coke (not caffeine free). He loved that, but often the line there was just too long just to have them fill the mug for him.

Thanks!

Well, there is no explicit link that says soda/water is allowed. (There's no link saying that sunglasses are allowed either ;) )

BUT, there is a link for Prohibited items here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

If you call Royal Caribbean and ask, they are *trained* to say that soda is not allowed, but if you ask anyone on the ship, they will happily assist you and tell you otherwise. (I would tend to believe the phone reps are encouraged to sell the Soda Package instead of encourage passengers to bring their own.)

If worse comes to worse and someone gives you a hard time at the port, print out the page above, and show it to them! I have never heard of anyone being denied their soda or bottled water. Alcohol is the only beverage prohibited.

- Ryan

Archived