Dress attired in the dinning room

If it is not formal night, can the kids wear jean to eat in the dinning room for dinner? Or does he have to wear slacks?

Thanks,

Tibbie

Yes they can, any night will be OK with Carnival. But posters here will get riled for me suggesting that. There is no formal night any more. Now its elegant night. You will even see shorts on that night with sandals.

Thanks Guy for the info...I wouldn't be that disrespectful on non formal night. Jean and shirt will work for us...even though I think it would be nice to wear short and t shirt, since we are on vacation and all.

Jeans and a nice shirt will be fine on the non-formal nights

IMP.... I would much rather over Dress for a event,,,, than under dress.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dress_Attire.aspx

I suppose they *could*, but I wouldn't recommend it, and there is the possibility you could be turned away. I would say see if you can pack at least one pair of trousers for them for eating. Besides, maybe it's just me but the dining rooms are always freezing and I would be shivering in a pair of shorts I think.

Alternatively, you could all eat on the lido/get room service, or I've seen some parents bring their kids to the lido for dinner, then drop them off at camp carnival to play while they enjoy dressing up for dinner.

Can the kids where shorts for dinner? I'm talking a nice looking outfit, not gym shorts or anything. Its just that my kids primary wardrobe during the summer is shorts!

Yes, kids can wear nice shorts.

Archived