My feelings on the 04/27 Ecstasy cruise

If you will recall, I said Carnival doesn't owe us anything. I just said it would have been a nice gesture if they had offer a small perk.The difference between my cruise and the airlines/hotels is that those people get their money back. I didn't get that option.

So far as what I am upset about, you don't know me or have a clue about what upsets me. I'm happy that those people are getting a nice vacation out of the chaos, however, it doesn't do anything to make me feel any better what happened to mine. The two feelings are not joined at the hip.

Having lived 50 years, I fully understand life isn't fair. I find your comment about big girl panties rude and condescending, especially in light of that I tried to post without any ranting and raving or making threats or demands. I've been nothing but polite on this thread. Too bad you couldn't do the same. It tells much more about you than it does me.

...You just got your a@# handed to you by a Munchkin! Weclome to cruise critic Texas Munchkin - you're gonna fit in great!

If you will recall, I said Carnival doesn't owe us anything. I just said it would have been a nice gesture if they had offer a small perk.The difference between my cruise and the airlines/hotels is that those people get their money back. I didn't get that option.

So far as what I am upset about, you don't know me or have a clue about what upsets me. I'm happy that those people are getting a nice vacation out of the chaos, however, it doesn't do anything to make me feel any better what happened to mine. The two feelings are not joined at the hip.

Having lived 50 years, I fully understand life isn't fair. I find your comment about big girl panties rude and condescending, especially in light of that I tried to post without any ranting and raving or making threats or demands. I've been nothing but polite on this thread. Too bad you couldn't do the same. It tells much more about you than it does me.

Again, I don't understand why you should be compensated for what you went through and what happened to your cruise. It sounds as though it was a totally miserable experience. Were there other problems with the cruise that we are not aware of other than the fact that it did not go to Mexico as originally planned? If so, please explain what Carnival did wrong in this situation. The cruise left on April 27 and the travel warnings were issued that afternoon. Had they offered a refund when you showed up to board on the 27th or after you had boarded, would you have taken it, turned around and gone home? Personally, I would not have considered a refund in that situation as that would have been more disappointing. I'd rather go somewhere else than not go at all.

On the same cruise last summer, the first day at sea was so rough (caught the back end of a hurricane), it was all anyone could do to walk straight, but I did not ask nor did I expect Carnival to somehow reimburse me for what amounted to a wasted day as they could not control the weather. I am going on the same cruise this summer and if they decided to skip the ports and sail in a big circle for 5 days, I would still have a good time and not worry about it.

Again, I don't understand why you should be compensated for what you went through and what happened to your cruise. It sounds as though it was a totally miserable experience. Were there other problems with the cruise that we are not aware of other than the fact that it did not go to Mexico as originally planned? If so, please explain what Carnival did wrong in this situation. The cruise left on April 27 and the travel warnings were issued that afternoon. Had they offered a refund when you showed up to board on the 27th or after you had boarded, would you have taken it, turned around and gone home? Personally, I would not have considered a refund in that situation as that would have been more disappointing. I'd rather go somewhere else than not go at all.

On the same cruise last summer, the first day at sea was so rough (caught the back end of a hurricane), it was all anyone could do to walk straight, but I did not ask nor did I expect Carnival to somehow reimburse me for what amounted to a wasted day as they could not control the weather. I am going on the same cruise this summer and if they decided to skip the ports and sail in a big circle for 5 days, I would still have a good time and not worry about it.

Given the choice I would have taken the refund and gone home. I'm glad you feel you could enjoy a cruise like that, but truly hope you don't have to. I wish everyone good vacations.

For what it's worth, I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We are all different, have different expectations and handle things differently. It's the rude, condescending junior high level insults that I can live without. We're all adults here and should be treated as such. Just like ranting and raving distract from your message, so does name calling and insults.

I contacted the appropriate CCL corporate executives via email upon my return from the April 27 Ecstasy cruise to express the good and bad aspects of how the situation was handled. I was promptly contacted by phone and they were eager to hear my impressions of how the ship management handled the situation. Carnival isn't in the business of losing customers. If your assessment is fair and helpful, it's an opportunity for Carnival to improve. Nothing wrong with that.

I contacted the appropriate CCL corporate executives via email upon my return from the April 27 Ecstasy cruise to express the good and bad aspects of how the situation was handled. I was promptly contacted by phone and they were eager to hear my impressions of how the ship management handled the situation. Carnival isn't in the business of losing customers. If your assessment is fair and helpful, it's an opportunity for Carnival to improve. Nothing wrong with that.

Bob, would you be willing to share the email that you used?

I totally agree with you, Munchkin. I used to have my own business and sometimes things happen that are beyond anyone's control, but in order to keep people happy and positive to others you give a little . . . even though you might bear the cost. That's called customer service.

Some people enjoy a cruise to nowhere, others need the adventure of the ports. That's why we are individuals!

By the way, I am a canceled cruiser out of Galveston. :( I know it can't be helped, but I'm bummed! A bunch of graduates and their parents. I'm assuming I'll get cash back. I hope!

I totally agree with you, Munchkin. I used to have my own business and sometimes things happen that are beyond anyone's control, but in order to keep people happy and positive to others you give a little . . . even though you might bear the cost. That's called customer service.

Some people enjoy a cruise to nowhere, others need the adventure of the ports. That's why we are individuals!

By the way, I am a canceled cruiser out of Galveston. :( I know it can't be helped, but I'm bummed! A bunch of graduates and their parents. I'm assuming I'll get cash back. I hope!

Awe that stinks for you guys. I am sure you will get your money back. Carnival cancelled the cruise outright so they should refund it.

Is it too late to plan some other celebration for the graduates? Can you reschedule for a later date?

Archived