Carnival Magic

Not sure why Galveston? Houston has a perfectly acceptable, empty terminal.

They all pretty much said in no uncertain terms that Carnival will remain in Galveston...

There is NO infrastructure around the Bayport Cruise Terminal. I sailed from there on the Conquest's second voyage from that facility and all you could do was park and get on the ship. There is NO pre-cruise or post cruise experience at all...

It really is a shame as it's a very nice facility...

IMG_1318.jpg

I doubt it. New ships generally command a premium on their own but with different itineraries AND a new ship I believe that they'll do great!!!

:)

Oh, I agree. I'm thinking that the Conquest pricing would be driven downward though because everybody will want to be on the new ship, and Galveston has so many repeaters! The premium for the new ship would happen no matter where it is. As for different itineraries, where will they go? Being in the gulf, the options are limited for a 7 day cruise, though I think Costa Maya, Belize, and Roatan would be a great itinerary. I can see a few 10-14 day cruises a year (maybe 2-3), but ultimately, the longer cruise just isn't Carnival's passenger.

How about New York City year round! :)

Carnival already charges a premium out of NYC with the Miracle -- they can continue to charge a premium, this time with many more cabins. Huge market, minimum competition (Explorer OTS and maybe a Norwegian ship or two) it would be by far the newest ship in the region.

Archived