Carnival Pride Review 4/27-5/3

Awesome review! Thank you so much. I will be sailing out of Baltimore on January 10, 2010 to the Bahamas on my very first cruise and I am currently addicted to researching to find out everything I can about it.

This review was very informative and helpful, as is most of the information I have found on these boards.

Thanks again.

Just out of curiosity, is the Vroom show on board the one that starts with the dancers holding motorcycle handles? If so I have actually already seen this show....TWICE! Once in 1996 on the Inspiriation and in 2007 on the Holiday. How long do they keep a show circulating through the fleet anyway?

Eric813

Future Cruises -3

Carnival Pride (CCL) - June 6-13, 2009

Pride of America (NCL) - November 7-14, 2009

Rhapsody of the Seas (RCI) – June 4-11, 2010 (tentative)

Past Cruises - 9

Norway (NCL) - December 1980

Festival (CCL) - December 18-25, 1982

Rhapsody (Paquet) - December 1983

Britanis (Chandris) - December 1985

Inspiration (CCL) - July 14-21, 1996

Imagination (CCL) - June 12-17, 2000

Explorer of the Seas (RCI) - November 6-13, 2005

Jewel (NCL) - July 2-9, 2006

Holiday (CCL) - March 3-8, 2007

Awesome review! Thank you so much. I will be sailing out of Baltimore on January 10, 2010 to the Bahamas on my very first cruise and I am currently addicted to researching to find out everything I can about it.

This review was very informative and helpful, as is most of the information I have found on these boards.

Thanks again.

I just booked the same cruise! And I started a roll call :)

I noticed that you have a cancelled trip. Was it a cruise? Did you cancel? I was in Costa Maya and Cozmuel in April. A day or two after the swine flu thing was announced. We did not have any problems.

I noticed that you have a cancelled trip. Was it a cruise? Did you cancel? I was in Costa Maya and Cozmuel in April. A day or two after the swine flu thing was announced. We did not have any problems.

Yea we cancelled our trip in July to Mexico due to the swine flu. So I think we are going to St. Thomas instead. It wasn't a cruise just an all inclusive.

Only problem I had with the Pride, and it was very minor, was no ESPN :)

Awww, no ESPN! LOL, I guess we'll survive when we finally make a reservation on the Pride. Good to know, thanks.

(GO RED SOX! <---I had to put that in there.... :) )

Great review thank you, I see you posted how long it took to get to the bridges

how long to the ocean. Our son has a boat in Annapolis and have been in the bay a lot, it is a beautiful area

Papanh

Awesome Review!!! Can't wait, we sail away on Sunday. What day did they offer the monkey heads? Was to late last time and they were all gone. Would sure like to get ahold of 2 of them for me and hubby this time. Any one with you do the viva wyndham resort day at the beach or hear of anyone doing it? Am booked for this as my excursion while hubby plays golf and am hoping it is as great as the last few posts left on the boards in April and May. Thanks, Pam

Trikk Pony Adventures: Leo picked us up in truck with the horses in tow. We drove to Barbary Beach (nice secluded beach) about 20 min away. This tour was the best! It was just the 4 of us and her on the tour. Each person had their own horse and we rode on the beach and into the water. The hour and 1/2 tour was great and was definitely one of the best tours in Freeport! Leo dropped us back off at the Westin and we walked through the shops then headed back to the ship.

Metalmuff,

How long were you in Freeport? I really want to do the Trikk Pony excursion but I'm afraid that we'll miss the ship. We're only there from 7am to 2pm and from what I read on the Trikk Pony website, their first excursion doesn't leave out until 10am. Also, did your butt hurt from riding the horses? This will be my first time ever on a horse.

Lobster tail was great!

As for the Trikk pony adventure, theres plenty of time to get off and back on the ship in time. We also did the 10am ride. Just make sure you get off the ship no later than 9am. Get a cab to the Westin. (mostly everyone is going to Our Lucaya so this shouldn't be a problem) Leo was right at the hotel at 10am and we were dropped back off by 12, so plenty of time to get a cab and get back on the ship

I keep forgetting my camera at home so I'll try to bring it in tomorrow.

Not sure how long it took to get to the ocean.

$15 a day to park but we just got dropped off since we live 20 min away

Not sure about the wnydam resort. Alot of people were doing the Jeep tour or Garderns tour while we did the horseback riding. I was a little worried about the time but you will have plenty of time to get back on board.

Lobster tail was great!

As for the Trikk pony adventure, theres plenty of time to get off and back on the ship in time. We also did the 10am ride. Just make sure you get off the ship no later than 9am. Get a cab to the Westin. (mostly everyone is going to Our Lucaya so this shouldn't be a problem) Leo was right at the hotel at 10am and we were dropped back off by 12, so plenty of time to get a cab and get back on the ship

Thanks so much for confirming that for me. So if the ship leaves at 2pm, what time do you have to be back on? 1pm?

Honestly we were in Freeport at the same time from 7am to 2pm. You always have to be back on board at least 30 min prior to sailing. We were finished with everything and dropped back off at the Westin by 12 so that gave us plenty of time to walk around the little shops they had there. We probably spent a half hour or so but I was concerned we wouldnt get a cab in time just because you have to wait for the entire van to fill up so we started heading back to get a cab around 1230. We arrived back at the terminal by 1pm. Which was fine since we beat all the long lines getting back on board at 130pm.

I hope you really decide to do this excursion. It's definitely a must do! Everyone is still talking about it and the pictures we got seem to be from a postcard. The beach that you ride on is just amazing! If you want to check it out, go on tripadvisor, they have some pics and good reviews!

The jeep was Great - but that all you will have time to do. Got off when they first opened up and returned at the last minute. Actually got to go in the crew's entrance. Interesting to see the ship from that entrance.

The garden were beautiful! Some actually got in the beach but for me it was on the cold side. At the beach about an hour.

Archived