Bringing wine onboard Carnival Valor....

This doesn't seem right, but I will ask anyway. I was googling wine onboard Carnival cruises and stumbled across an article that you can bring One bottle onboard which is subject to a $10 corkage fee. We have 11 adults and were wondering if this is true, could all 11 of us bring a bottle of wine onbaord for dinner and how big can the bottle be? If not, can we prebuy the 5 bottle wine package or must we wait until we get onboard (we want at least 20 bottles)? I know on RCCL we purchased 15 bottles before our last cruise. Please advise. Thanks.

Bob

Bob,

The answer is yes, I just double checked the size on Carnivals website andas I thought it is 750ml, we always bring wine on board and sometimes we have been charged a corkage fee and sometimes not, a nice extra tip on your first night will assure you excellent service with your wine all week, it will always be ready when you are. We usually take our bottles when we arrive so that if anything needs to be chilled it is ready by dinner, they mark your wine so no chance of another table getting it. Enjoy your cruise.

Will,

I just found the answer as well....

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Do you have to check in these bottles or can they be brought up to the room? We have 11 adults over 21 in our group of 14, will they be suspicious of all the wine if every adult grabs a bottle, but we are playing within their rules, even though only 4 of us will truly be drinking it..... Thanks.

Bob

Archived