Star 4/25 Review..."The Glass Half Full"

Firemaker

Thanks I am glad to hear it is still the same decoration I think it is much prettier then the purple. Did you only have two dining chairs shown in your pictures? in the other pictures it shows four chairs.

Hopefully I can still find someone to measure the door opeoing when open. and the width of that hall. I can do a complete radius turn around in 35" on my scooter and less on the power chair but they are both 26" wide.

Who was your bulter and How was he?

We had 4 chairs, but we put two of them on the wrap around part of the balcony so we could sit and watch the scenery.

The gold tones were pretty, but I have to tell you that the wallpaper was pretty worn and a bit on the dirty side. I tried to clean the wallpaper by the bed:o, but the stains were there to stay:confused:

Our Butler was Dilip and he was always available. He was very thoughtful and helped us even with silly questions. The room stewards were great and we tipped them $10.00 to clean the glass on the deck the day were were in port in Juneau:p

I'm not sure how mobile you are, but the space between the bed and the entry to the hall that leads to the bathroom is very tight. There is a bench at the end of the bed that can be moved ( I hit my toe on it every time I headed to the bathroom). The bathroom has a step up to get into the room and of course there is a bath tub/shower combo you need to step up into.

Any other questions....just ask. I'll keep checking this thread:)

After reading your review of the Star, I am even more anxious now to go on our cruise (6/6/09) :D. This will be our first to Alaska and we are trying to plan our days. I was wondering about the car rental in Juneau. How convenient was it, what type of cars did they provide and how was the pricing?

After reading your review of the Star, I am even more anxious now to go on our cruise (6/6/09) :D. This will be our first to Alaska and we are trying to plan our days. I was wondering about the car rental in Juneau. How convenient was it, what type of cars did they provide and how was the pricing?

We rented from Rent-a-Wreck. They picked us up at the pier, just steps from getting off the ship. We had a "used" suburu with some dents, but the inside was clean and smelled nice. It was great for the few hours we used it and we paid $51.00. They dropped us back at the pier when we were finished. See my attachment for a photo of the car!

1324121611_IMG_0480(Small).jpg.c83b4dd821c7c722918f35249acadd70.jpg

2049377847_IMG_0496(Small).jpg.3de15fca95eaf366f6dac0b791c1a277.jpg

Archived