Rollcall - Transatlantic crossing on the Princess Emerald on Sept. 23 09

_worldcruiser

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm on-board with 3 friends. Booked yesterday Traveling without my b/f which is a pain. But with a great itinerary and some friends around it should be fun. I live in Ireland - so really looking forward to visiting Dublin and Belfast !!!!!!!!

I'm traveling with Ralph and Fred from Mississippi. They are friends I met on a transatlantic cruise 2 years ago and we have sailed 4 times together since. We are being joined by their friend Bob from Palm springs. I got to meet met Bob on our cruise last year and the four of us are definitely on for lots of laughter. Our table will be the centre of attention in the dining room - you are warned!!

So far the four of us are dining at late seating (8:15 traditional) at a table for 4. But if there are others who would like to get together for dinner each night just shout and we can organise a larger table.

Hi Gary - thanks for the post. Any reason you booked this week? I have not seen the prices drop yet....Hans

Hi

I'm on-board with 3 friends. Booked yesterday Traveling without my b/f which is a pain. But with a great itinerary and some friends around it should be fun. I live in Ireland - so really looking forward to visiting Dublin and Belfast !!!!!!!!

I'm traveling with Ralph and Fred from Mississippi. They are friends I met on a transatlantic cruise 2 years ago and we have sailed 4 times together since. We are being joined by their friend Bob from Palm springs. I got to meet met Bob on our cruise last year and the four of us are definitely on for lots of laughter. Our table will be the centre of attention in the dining room - you are warned!!

So far the four of us are dining at late seating (8:15 traditional) at a table for 4. But if there are others who would like to get together for dinner each night just shout and we can organise a larger table.

Hard to know what way prices are going. About 5 days before I booked I was getting an inside for $1150 p.p.s. and then they jumped to 3 times that. On the day that I booked they had dropped again - but not back to the original price. They were working out at about $1,450 p.p.s. - So I booked. A few days later they jumped up again and have not dropped again since. So although I was kicking myself for not getting the original price (He Who Hesitates Is Lost!!), I am glad that I got a half-decent price. And who knows - they might drop again before final payment is due.

Congratulations Tom & Bob

Yesterday our government here in Ireland published a new "Civil-Partnership" law. Although they won't use the word marriage (for fear of offending the delicate minds), it will be marriage in all but name. We expect it to be passed into law in the coming months. Myself and my partner are looking forward to it.

Dave won't be joining me on this cruise but I am in safe hands with another couple and a friend. The response on cruise critic has been very slow but then again only a tiny percentage of people use cruise critic. I am looking forward to the cruise especially because it is my first Princess cruise and particularly because of the itinerary (maybe with the exception of Dublin and Belfast - which I know too well and visit regularly).

My only question on this cruise is what to pack? September in Copenhagen & Oslo may be nice as it should be in Dublin and Belfast. But Iceland, Greenland and Newfoundland sound cold. And then the trek down to the heat of Florida!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's Saturday morning and I have nothing done for this cruise which leaves in 4 days time. Work is crazy and I will be working right up to the last minute. In fact I go directly to the airport and catch the flight which gets into Copenhagen a few hours before sailaway. However, I'm sure I'll get everything organised and make it. See you onboard - really must start packing - soon!!!

Archived