Fort Lauderdale shuttle help!!

cocoaparis

Ok I leave for a cruise next week, was trying to get a downtown hotel, ended up with hotel in pompano(holiday inn), its for a night pre-cruise. Whats the best way to get from airport to pompano, I guess renting a car would be ideal, though we gget in at midnight :(

I had really wanted to go on water taxi too :(

Is it possible to rent a car at airport, drive to pompano that night, drive out to place downtown to get on water taxi early in the morning, ride it for 2hrs, then drive rental car back to airport, and then take a shuttle/taxi to port?

Rental car would be like $20(Budget) and then taxi to port would be like $15ish for 2people, plus the $5/p for water taxi approx $45 but trying to make most out of traveling to FLL.

If we took 1st water taxi at 9am to downtown get to Las Olas at 9:57ish, and get off, sightsee for an hr, get back on water taxi at 10:57, get back to base by 12pm..factor in getting car, driving to Budget's 17th St Causeway office which should be down the street and it'll be like close to 1pm, but then we could have a shuttle waiting for us to take us right to port...LOL ok, now it doesnt seem like it'll work. Other option would be to ride it downtown, not get off and ride it back, and be back by 11. Then again we're taking the Regal empress, which is a very small cruise ship and most people board it from 1-3pm unlike RCCL and Carnival.

Anyone have any advice?

Archived