Conch Fritters

MTcruiser

You all might as well hang out with us! I found out Grand Turk raises Conch and it will be in season when we are in port so I will be finding a place for conch fritters. The Keys have the best conch fritters. Next I will find out you all will be next door to us and be sitting at our dinner table. HAHA..... Maybe I will run across you on the ship. The Cayman's have everything try to find a local and ask them the best place. The only thing I have eaten in the Cayman's was a fish n chips place upstairs above Black Dick's it was awesome.

Breezes!!!

We were just in Grand Cayman a few weeks ago and lunch there. Great conch fritters, fresh fish and a fun, lively atmosphere. If you are in downtown Georgetown its easy to spot, or any local can tell you where it is. Kind of touristy, but great food!!

You all might as well hang out with us! I found out Grand Turk raises Conch and it will be in season when we are in port so I will be finding a place for conch fritters. The Keys have the best conch fritters. Next I will find out you all will be next door to us and be sitting at our dinner table. HAHA..... Maybe I will run across you on the ship. The Cayman's have everything try to find a local and ask them the best place. The only thing I have eaten in the Cayman's was a fish n chips place upstairs above Black Dick's it was awesome.

I agree...love the conch fritters in the Keys. Thanks for the info...nothing better then good conch and a cold beer.

Breezes!!!

We were just in Grand Cayman a few weeks ago and lunch there. Great conch fritters, fresh fish and a fun, lively atmosphere. If you are in downtown Georgetown its easy to spot, or any local can tell you where it is. Kind of touristy, but great food!!

Sounds like what i'm looking for....is it far from where the tender comes in?

I'll be at Grand Cayman in about two weeks, and we were planning to go to the Reef Grill as well.

What do conch fritters taste like? I've never had them, but I'm curious.

Thanks,

Erica

The conch fritters at My Bar at Sunset House in George Town are fantastic (it overlooks the harbor -- favorite of locals). Another great choice is the conch sampler at Macabuca by the Turtle Farm. Check out caymangoodtaste.com for some other ideas. Happy eating!

The conch fritters at My Bar at Sunset House in George Town are fantastic (it overlooks the harbor -- favorite of locals). Another great choice is the conch sampler at Macabuca by the Turtle Farm. Check out caymangoodtaste.com for some other ideas. Happy eating!

That is a great web site...thanks.

I'll be at Grand Cayman in about two weeks, and we were planning to go to the Reef Grill as well.

What do conch fritters taste like? I've never had them, but I'm curious.

Thanks,

Erica

Conch tastes some what like a mix of clam and calamari. The meat is white. Fritters are just chunks of conch baked in a dough. I like spicy ones.

Archived