Adventures of the Seas or Carnival Miracle

The Miracle is a Spirit Class ship and is my favorite class of the Carnival ships, the Adventure of the Seas as you know is a Voyager Class ship and is a probably is a beautiful ship (I will know first hand in August). Two years ago we were on the Mariner and loved that ship. I felt the service and food was only slightly better on Carnival...no real difference...only the ships are the main difference. It depends on the itinerary and the activities you would prefer (ice skating, rock climbing, etc.). You will enjoy yourself on either cruise.

We've been on both, and Adventure wins hands down!!! Besides the decor factor (Adventure = very classy, Miracle = very Vegas/garish), our issue with Miracle is that the ship was not large enough for the number of passengers onboard, so it was VERY crowded. We sailed on both ships when they were "full"/at capacity, and Adventure definitely felt less crowded although it had nearly 1000 more passengers because there's so much more space for them to spread out in.

As well, on our Miracle cruise, our wait team was responsible for two very large tables (12), one table for 10, two tables of 6, and one table for 4. That's 50 diners, and service really suffered! Conversely, on our RCI cruises, the wait teams never had more than 20 diners (and usually less), so service was much more personal and attentive. Likewise, our cabin steward serviced 27 cabins on Miracle, but on any of our RCI cruises, the max was 15 (yes, we asked), and again, this was reflected in the level of service. Whether this was isolated to our particular sailing or not I cannot say, but believe me the difference was very noticeable!

Archived