Key West Snorkle

cruiser 1945

Hi.

Have you checked out the Snorkeling & Scuba section on the Cruise Discussion board? Or the Key West section on the Ports board?

You may find some suggestions there.

We loved Key West in January (our first time there), but didn't snorkel that trip...hopefully on the next trip there :).

Have fun!

Dry Tortuga Island is a place I would like to visit. It is 60 miles west of Key West.

My husband and I went to Dry Tortuga in Jan 08 during a land vacation to Key West. It is an all day trip. I don't think you would have time to do it on a cruise ship stop. If you have a few days in KW, it is definitely worth the time to visit. I did not snorkle (water was too cold for me in Jan), but my husband did, although he did not see very many fish. Here are some photos from Dry Tortuga/Fort Jefferson. If you ever do go, make sure you visit with some of the park rangers who live on the islands. Learning about how they live so remotely, and about all of the Cuban refuges who land on the islands is very interesting.

537411462605_0_ALB.jpg

535521462605_0_ALB.jpg

There are several boats on the island that Cubans used to come over on. I can't believe that people would actually get in these little boats and try and cross that distance of water. Many of the boats are handmand and use car engines which just set in the middle.

680731462605_0_ALB.jpg

323221462605_0_ALB.jpg

:rolleyes: What is the best snorkle tour in Key West at a reasonable rate. Am interested in multi location with the most time in water. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

If you want to maximize your time in the water you have to use one of the motor launches which do two-stop trips. Reef Express

http://www.sunnydayskeywest.com/reefx.htm

or the Cruzin' Cat which I can't find anymore so maybe it's gone.

hth

Pjk

Archived