POA Balcony Cabins

mdandrh

We're booked for a return cruise on Pride of America, having had cabins 7532 and 7534 about a year ago.

We seem to recall that the cabins forward of those had larger balconies, so we asked our agent to reserve 7510/7512/7514 for the cruise this Fall.

Does anyone know if those balconies are larger than the ones we had before?

We also had the option of reserving balcony cabins in the stern but I recall looking down on those balconies form the upper decks and feeling they didn't have enough privacy.

Thanks in advance for the help.

We're booked for a return cruise on Pride of America, having had cabins 7532 and 7534 about a year ago.

We seem to recall that the cabins forward of those had larger balconies, so we asked our agent to reserve 7510/7512/7514 for the cruise this Fall.

Does anyone know if those balconies are larger than the ones we had before?

We also had the option of reserving balcony cabins in the stern but I recall looking down on those balconies form the upper decks and feeling they didn't have enough privacy.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes you are correct. Here is a copy of deck plan

http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/norwegian-cruise-line-pride-of-america-deck-plans.html

you can see by the design, the further you move down the bigger the balcony up to #7524

We have 9520 reserved for June. The balconies are definitely bigger. I found some great pictures here: http://cabinforfour.shutterfly.com/prideofamerica/62

Nice pictures but I'm not liking the fact that those balconies are closed in which I didn't realize before. I'm sure there good for privacy but not for sunning.

We are doing b2b cruises and have an "aft" cabin where the balconies are larger but also more open to the sun.

Are the balcony interiors on the stern the same size as all other balcony interiors? It may be an illusion, but they seem a little bit narrower in the deck plans.

DT

If you look at the deckplan you will see these balconies get a little deeper from cabins 8502 to 8530 then drop to the average size balcony from 8532 on down.

http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/norwegian-cruise-line-pride-of-america-deck-plans.html

However the "aft" balconies if you look at deckplans also get a little larger going towards middle of ship

Now I don't think you talking mega increase in balcony space from the 8502 to the 8530 but you are when your comparing it to the other balcony cabins.

As for the aft cabins the balconies are deeper as well but more open to the elements which I like (mainly the sun)

Thanks for all the excellent responses. We decided to book the larger balconies on the 7th deck. Then my brother-in-law noted that the cabins were directly over the Mardi Gras lounge. Visions of sleepless nights crept into our heads and so our agent changed us to the 9th deck with the larger balconies.

By the way, how do you incorporate all the ship photos into your posts?

Wow! Thanks for posting those cabin/deck photos. I just "downgraded" two categories from BC - 9516 (larger balcony) to BE 8208 (aft balcony). I like a little more sun, so I think I'm going to like the aft balcony better. Our last cruise was to Alaska on the Celebrity Summit and 3 days before sailing, we upgraded to a corner aft family view cabin that had a 330 sq ft. balcony - boy, did that spoil me.

Does anyone have any pictures of aft cabins on PoA? Am wondering how much is covered and how much is in the sun?

Archived